That’s some really great information about CELPIP. Why did you choose it? And would you go with IELTS if you had to redo it?
I chose CELPIP because
- Lot of dates are available unlike IELTS (from next week till May 2018).
- CELPIP seems pretty easy, just like TOEFL everything is on computer (speaking and writing as well).
- Writing on computer with spell check option in CELPIP is much better than writing on paper in IELTS.
- Speaking is little tough than IELTS since we will be talking to a computer on weird subjects and some images.
- Reading and listening is exactly same as IELTS.
Disadvantages with CELPIP
- Speaking looks very childish when we start the CELPIP training and practice but the actual exam is bit tricky.
- Rating for writing and speaking is highly subjective and lot of threads on internet are available validating the fact that your score can be marked lower.
- Only one center in entire United states is available for CELPIP exam (which is Flushing NY) as of date.
My score is Reading (12/12), Listening (10/12), Speaking (7/12) and Writing (8/12) and I have sent my scores for reevaluation which will take 4 weeks again. Just google CELPIP scores and mostly you will see same scoring pattern for speaking and writing, not sure why.
My wife’s score are R (9/12), L (9/12) , S (8/12) , W (8/12)
Even if her scores were 9 in all sections we would have hoped for an ITA in next few months, I believe.
I have done Bachelor in Pharmacy and Masters in Pharmacy Administration, Health Policy (working on H1B in Pharmacovigilance/ Drug Safety). If I am the primary applicant I need CLB 9/12 across the board (R,W,L,S) and our ITA combined would 450+ (Age 32)
My wife has done Bachelor in BioMedical Engineering (working as Business Analyst). If she is the primary applicant and CLB 9 across the board, our ITA would have been 430-435 (Age 28).
Yes, given an option I think IELTS is far better than CELPIP even though dates are 3 months apart. Since CELPIP scoring is highly subjective (just my 2 cents on it).
And many thanks to you for inspiring us for Canada. I have been your avid follower and read lot of your blogs about Canada on Quora and other websites. Many other newspapers have quoted you and corroborated this fact about H1B and greencard blackhole.
I am keeping my fingers crossed for an ITA.
Just continuing this thread.
My CELPIP score was L=10, R=12, W=8 , S=8 but not equal to CLB 9 as required.
IELTS score L=8, R=7.5, W=7, S=7.5 and now CLB = 9.
My CRS score with CELPIP was 398 and once I gave IELTS my score is now 454.
I think IELTS is better than CELPIP in many ways.
I did both with 1 month of difference between them, and I could confirm that CELPIP is a scam. If you take CELPIP-General, Paragon knows you need 9 for your Express Entry, so sure enough they will give you 8 in either Speaking and/or Writing so you have to pay for the test again. I have seen this many times already. Here are my results side by side (the CLB translation is mine):
I agree, CELPIP is a scam. I lost 6 months because I took CELPIP and did not get IELTS dates later.
Thank you confirming !