Continuous experience

Hi,

I had a question about continuous experience points for foreign job experience.
I worked 1 year and 11 months in India as a Technical Analyst for Oracle and then moved to US for my masters. I have been working for Apple after completing my masters and would be completing 2 years at Apple in Feb 2019. My job role/profile at Oracle/Apple are different. It would be great if someone can explain how to fill up my continuous experience section of the profile for express entry ? Do I fill in 3+ years or just 2 years(if I fill my application in Feb, 2019), since there is a 1.5 year gap for masters and profile changed ?

Thanks in advance.

May be this link helps https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/bulletins-2010/173-january-8-2010.html.

It is quite old so I am not sure if it is still valid.
Can anyone in the same situation who has applied for PR comment on this?

Did you receive an answer for this?
I am facing a similar doubt. Please let me know if you were able to figure it out.

Regards,
GB

It’s been a while since I submitted my EE profile, but I believe you can submit multiple NOCs and add it to three years which is the maximum years you need anyway.

I hope this can help :slight_smile:

Skilled work experience

Skilled work experience means you’ve worked in 1 of these National Occupational Classification (NOC) job groups:

• Managerial jobs (skill type 0)
  • Professional jobs (skill level A)
  • Technical jobs and skilled trades (skill level B)

You must show that while working in your primary occupation you performed the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC. This includes all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.

Your skilled work experience must be:

• in the same type of job (have the same NOC) as the job you want to use for your immigration application (called your primary occupation)
  • within the last 10 years
  • paid work (This means you must have been paid wages or earned commission. Volunteer work or unpaid internships don’t count.)
  • at least 1 year of continuous work or 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week). You can meet this in a few different ways:
    • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • equal amount in part-time: 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)

For part-time work, you can work more or less than 15 hours/week as long as it adds up to 1,560 hours.

We don’t count any hours you work above 30 hours/week.

Even though the official webpage implies that only one NOC can be added, I have heard people have added multiple; I only had one NOC so didn’t have to. If someone has done multiple or knows otherwise, please feel free to add your inputs.

Hi Everyone,
Please advice me how to proceed.
I worked for 7 months full-time as Management Trainee at one company. I did not work for the next one year. Then I joined a company and worked for 1 year 4 months and later moved to US. I worked in a company in US for 13 months and shifted to another company. All of this is paid and full time experience ( 7 months + 1 year 4 months + 1 year 1 month) . Will this fulfill the three years mark? By the time I start applying I will have another 2-3 months of experience.
Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

@SPS Any update on this ?
I want to apply for Ontario PNP i have experience from 3 companies ( 4 years +1.5 years +1.5 years)
Can I add all these to make it 7years ?
The NOC code is the same.

I will have to get the reference letters from all the 3 comapnies along with payslips of every month ?

Please advise.