Current job trends in Canada

Hello Everyone,

I have one of the most common but important questions i.e "What are my chances of getting a job in the Data Engineering/Data Science sector in Canada? "
I know it all depends on my skills and background but from you guys, I just want to have an opinion on how COVID has affected it, or is it really the right time to settle in a new place.
One more question is that I often heard, to land the first job in Canada it is best to have a referral but if somebody doesn’t have any connection (like me …:stuck_out_tongue:) how difficult it would be?
I have seen lots of threads and posts in this community and it really helped me a lot to make a decision. That’s why I thought to post this topic as I was getting super tensed about my career.
I would appreciate any suggestions and comments.
Thanks in advance…:slight_smile:!

1 Like

I don’t have visibility into the overall trends in the market, whereas earlier my employer was looking to hire at speed. It has now slowed down. There have been no layoffs or anything but it still feels like employers want to be a bit cautious and to wait and watch.

My gut sense is that there are definitely jobs around, it’s just a little slower these days.

1 Like

Thanks for the input!..:slight_smile: