Does Location of work shall be included in Work experience letter

@avj
@vignesh.pr

Hi guys. I have seen your reply’s in other topics and i wanted to ask you a question. I am employed by an Indian IT consulting firm in the US and my physical work location is not the location where my employer’s business is located. I work at client sites and my paystubs also have an address of mine some where near to the client location. Should the physical work location/Client names be included in the work experience letter?

That is not necessary. As long as the work location stated matches your company’s address, it should be fine. You don’t need to provide client locations.

@mrandmrs
My physical work location does not match with my employers business location as I work as a consultant at client locations. For example, my employer may be operating out of Texas and I am currently providing software development services in New york for some “x” client.

Since the work experience letter will be issued by my employer who is based out of texas, should he be mentioning about my physical work location in NY since my payroll is run for my address in NY? Am asking this question since we will be using paystubs as a proof to satisfy the work experience

I was in the same situation for a previous employer. They just provided their location and not the location of all the clients and that worked. I did not submit any pay stubs for that employer (since they are optional) so may be it wasn’t an issue for me.

So if I understand you correctly, getting the work experience letter from my employer who is an IT consulting firm with all the details which include my title within the IT consulting firm, start date, salary, work responsibilities should suffice right? There’s no need of mentioning client’s details that I provide services to.

That’s right.

@mrandmrs

Please help me with the query :
My designation on the play slips and company offer letter is “IT Analyst”
This is the designation for all the employees with 4+ years of experience in my IT Firm.
Buy my job profile is Database Administrator falls under the NOC.
I work on Databases.

Will this be an issue ? It wont be rejected, right ?

And what should I mention in my profile - IT Analyst ( general desgination given to alll in TCS)
or Database Administrator ?

I think it’s important that your role and responsibilities match with NOC description (match as in not word by word, but overall flavor of the role should match). The name of the position is a vague concept and it’s not standardized across organizations.

Choose the NOC that matches your responsibilities. Do not try to match the NOC with the job title. Your profile should state the designation which will be on your reference letter.

@mrandmrs Do you mean that you entered the company’s address as work location in Work History section for your previous employer, with whom you have done consulting for various clients? If yes, what have you entered in personal history section, since it asks for the city where the activity took place.

Thanks

I have the same question. My employers address is different from my client’s address. I am confused. Can anyone help?

@ToORAGe The city where you work shall be mentioned, irrespective of where your employer is operating from. That’s what I did

Thanks a lot! Really appreciate your response.