Does you have a relative who is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada?

Hello Guys,

Can you please answer the following questions:

I have a quick question. When I was filling out my express entry profile, one of the questions is “Does (my name) have a relative who is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada? (The relative must be 18 or older and living in Canada.)”

1. I have a brother who has a PR card but he hasn’t moved to Canada yet. So since he is not living in Canada now I should answer “No” to the above question, right?

2. However, he is planning to move to Canada in the next few weeks. Let’s say I get an ITA in the next draw and If my brother moves to Canada after that, I will not be able to update this information in my Express Entry profile right. “Will this cause any problems during my application review since I answered “No” to the above question?”

Thanks!

He IS a PR of Canada there for the answer is Yes

Thanks for your response avj. I’m confused here, after the question, it is clearly mentioned in the bracket that “The relative must be 18 or older and living in Canada” So since my brother is not living in Canada now I should answer “No” to the question right?

Sorry my bad. I didn’t read the living part. After ITA, I think you can still update your application after receiving ITA. Say no now and then modify later.

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying!