ECA - Bachelors or MS?

Hi all,
I’d like to get me ECA done asap while I wait for IELTS and this is a question I have not been able to get a universal answer to:

• Do I submit both my MS and bachelors transcripts for evaluation?
  • If yes, can I submit them (both official transcripts) in the same envelope and mail to WES?
  • I have extra official transcripts for my Bachelors from 2013 when I was applying to grad school. They are sealed and official, just that the signature across the flap is dated 2013. can these be used? I would like to not trouble my mom for fresh current transcripts if its not needed :slight_smile:

Could you please help me?
Thanks!

You did not get any universal answer because no one knows the answer for sure.
Here are best effort:

• Do I submit both my MS and bachelors transcripts for evaluation? Better if you send both. Try to follow the WES guideline on required documents
  • If yes, can I submit them (both official transcripts) in the same envelope and mail to WES? Yes, but make sure that the envelops inside are sealed, signed and directly from the university.
  • I have extra official transcripts for my Bachelors from 2013 when I was applying to grad school. They are sealed and official, just that the signature across the flap is dated 2013. can these be used? I would like to not trouble my mom for fresh current transcripts if its not needed :slight_smile:
    That’s fine. I used transcripts from 2011!!
1 Like

Thank you!

A follow up question. I’m creating my WES profile

1. I’m planning to mail both Bachelors and MS transcripts, yo be on the safer side. Should I then ‘Add credential’ for Bachelors on my WES Canada profile?
  2. Referring to this post Education Credentials Assessment (ECA) for all degrees?
    I’m assuming I can’t get points for both Bachelors and MS because their hierarchical. Is this correct? In that case, would I cause confusion in my WES profile if I added my Bachelors as a ‘credential’? Would it mean I’m trying to claim points for both Bachelors and MS?
  3. In ref. to the same post above, are there situations where Bachelors points can be added to MS? How would that look on EE profile?
  4. Are there any recognized certifications (like Six Sigma, SCJP etc) that can increase CRS after creating EE profile?

Thanks,
VJ

1. You have to add degrees for which you want to claim points. Adding Bachelors separately does not give you any additional points if you already have Masters. However, there’s no harm in adding both the degrees. I added both the degrees and got them verified.
  2. Yes, correct- if you claim points for Masters then you cannot get any additional points for Bachelors.
    To answer the second par, adding two degrees in WES would just mean that you want to get both the degrees verified. Nothing more, nothing less.
  3. I did that since I had both the degrees verified bu WES. But as you would assume, without getting additional points for Bachelors.
  4. Not sure about external certifications
1 Like

Thanks @nik Can I ask how you paid for WES? I’m planning to use money order/check option as I would have to let my bank know that I’m making an international payment (it would be, right?) and i’ve been on hold forever.
-Can we use personal checks or must it be a banker’s check.

• do we upload the check to the WES profile?

I paid using credit card (that doesn’t have international transaction fee)

Need guidance…while filling EE profile, I put my M.Tech ( equivalent to Canada’s Master) as my highest education. Now after getting ITA I am filling the application form. Pls address following queries.

1. In education section, I should mention my B.Tech( bachelor) too along with M.tech ? I have got ECA of M.tech only ( as per IRC, you require ECA of highest degree) .
  2. What educational documents should I upload in education section?

Yes you should add B.tech but select ‘NO’ for ECA question.
I only uploaded my degree certificates, no detail mark sheets. Only the final degree certificate needs to be uploaded. However, transcripts (mark sheets) can be uploaded if available they are not required.

1 Like

I have two doubts

1. Where I will be asked that whether I have ECA for b.tech or not?
  2. Should I load documents corresponding to b.tech also? Or m.tech only?
  1. No ECA is only needed for highest degree. Like @dskhokhar said, choose ‘No’ to ECA when uploading your Btech degree.
  2. Yes, do upload all documents in the final submission (I did that for me and my wife even though the only ECA we had was for my master’s degree).
1 Like

Thanks to both of u for your guidance. In which field u have to choose “no” for the ECA of btech. Means this option will come when I will add my b.tech details in education section ( post ITA) ???

Yes that is correct.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. Just one more question. While creating the EE profile I just put my M.tech degree . At that time I didn’t add any information about my B.Tech .is that right?

Heyy hi im in a big confusion guys pls help me… i have mba so do i need to get eca only for my masters my eca for bachelors not needed even post ITA?? Pls answer i have to apply for my eca on this monday plss pls helpp

If you MBA is from the US, ECA for just that should be sufficient.