Express Entry Profile

Hello ,

Great article about moving from USA to Canada. I read it on TOI and signed up to your blog. Could you give me some advice on moving to Canada? I had already applied once through Express Entry but did not select due to lower points.

My Profile
Education - BE in Chemical Engineering (Mumbai University), MS in Chemical Engineering (Texas), MBA (Cincinnati, OH).

Total work experience in Chemical engineering= 8 years
In that, 2 years in USA.
I moved back to India in 2014 due to visa issues.
I wanted to move to Canada for better healthy life for my daughter and us.

Now I run E-commerce business in India and just, started consulting some chemical companies in India and USA (Business Visa).

Any advice on how I should re-apply or get job in my field in Canada to increase points by 400 ? Whether it will be beneficial to apply form USA? I have my client ready to apply for my H1B to become his full time employee from part -time consultant. Last time, I had applied from India in 2015. I believe that I have enough credentials to move to Canada but need some experts advice.

Thanks,
Deepak

Hi Deepak,

in 2017 CRC points came down drastically and I am sure based on your credentials you will be eligible for it. Please add your profile once again in express entry and you should be able to get the invite. Points were really high in 2015. Now CRC cut of for ITA is 446.

Thank you,
Shreyas Sali

1 Like

Thanks Shreyas. Let me see it again then. Last time my score was 380 only so I am still way away from 446? I had evaluated my profile through David Cohen law firm. I will do it by myself this time because they did nothing other than submitting my application. Any advice on increasing my points? My wife is Computer engineer but she doesn’t work or have any work experience.

Thanks,
Deepak

What was your IELTS score?
CIC has a CRS calculator and see what score you get for various IELTS scores above 7.0

2 Likes

You could try for a provincial nomination. Its possible a province needs chemical engineers.

Hello ,

Thanks for the PNP prog guidelines. I will start looking at it now.

Deepak

7 posts were split to a new topic: Questions about creating EE profile with IELTS and ECA

so i have submitted my profile today… and we have sufficient scores to get ITA tomorrow…

but it shows “Express Entry profile effective date May 23, 2018”…
today is May 22 so why does it show May 23… any issue?

Then you submitted just in time it seems!

1 Like

Possibly something do with timezones of where you are and what the CIC computers are set to.

Hello Everyone,

I have a question regarding express entry profile. I have started my application today and noticed couple of things I wasn’t sure about -

1. I didn’t see any section to add details about my daughter. Just me (primary applicant) and my husband (dependent) - although i have answers the quest about total members moving to Canada as ‘3’ so I guess this will be picked up during ITA?

2. When I enter details about my spouse, so under ‘work history’ for him -
    shall I select NO as an answer for question - “Does my husband has any work experience?”
    if we don’t want to claim points for his work experience? we don’t have work experience letter in the format thats required for this purpose. we have the company letters with job title and salary but not job description and arranging those letters now is a trouble as he has left the company a while back.

Please suggest.

1. You haven’t started your application yet. You have started/submitted EE profile. Actual application starts after you get Invitation to apply. EE profile only asks for details to compute your CRS score. Therefore, no children’s information required. After ITA you are supposed to add all details.

2. If you don’t want to claim points don’t add work experience. You can still claim points for work experience though without proper letter. Try to get the letter if you can.

While updating work history in EE profile,
I have worked for same company in India and currently in US on H1b sponsored by same company.
Should I add two different row since the country location is different? NOC code and employer remains same.

You can add two rows. You can get single letter that mentions both positions or two letters your call.

Hi everyone,

we submitted our profile last week and got ITA this week. While going through the profile I noticed my husband added ‘Country of Issue’ under “ID Documents - summary” sections as USA instead of India.

I think its incorrect because we have India passports so even if we renewed it from Washington, DC, USA - the citizenship is of India.

Am I correct in assuming the Country/Territory of Issue should have been India and not USA since thats the country of citizenship?
OR
Its correct, the country/territory of issue should be USA as its says territory?

Since we have received our ITA, should we decline this invitation and the resubmit for next draw?

Country of issue should be India not USA.

Just use the web-form to inform them of the change:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=43&top=4

It’s not really going to affect your score or ITA, so unless they say so, don’t decline.

Thanks @avj , good to know. :slightly_smiling_face: I have submitted the form… hope they can update it instead of us declining the ITA :crossed_fingers:

Hello

My file is at status that we are processing your background check . I sumbit my file on nov 28 . How much time it take to clear my background check amd when will.i get ppr … my profile is showing that i will get the final decision in may . Will they take full time till may or they can ask for ppr before may

Let me make it simple. Just wait for a 6months - 1 year to get your PR. Until then just lay back and relax. Unfortunately, that timeline bar you see on your profile is useless.