First time landing in Canada on PR

Thank you so much!!

Pranav, is it ok if the primary PR holder enters first and then after a month or so the secondary holder enters? Did it work for you?

Will we get our PR mailed if we go there during off hours, weekends or holidays? Is it available 24x7? Thanks.

Ok, so I called the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) on 506-636-5064 and they said that it is NOT mandatory that the secondary applicant has to enter along with the primary one.

However, the secondary applicant MUST enter BEFORE the expiry of CoPR.

Also, CBSA is opened 24x7 for the first time settlers.

If you’re talking about airport CBSA, of course they’re open whenever flights and scheduled to land. Most land crossings are also open 24-7.

Vignesh,
Hope you are doing well. I had a question for you around photo issues that you had. So we got a email from immigration post our landing procedure last week for resubmitting photos.
We had submitted photos as per the specs on their site. I was wondering you had the same issue? If yes, what were the specification you used to retake the pics?
Any help would be really appreciated!

Link we referred earlier for submitting pictures

Thanks
Appy

Are you based out of the Bay Area?

Nope! Based out of Texas.

Thanks
Appy

I used Walgreens in Austin , so e folks ha e also recommended a professional photographer in Dallas in another thread here

https://www.passportphotonow.com/ is another good option. We have to provide them a raw image taken from a camera or a phone (with background and some more details mentioned on their website). They will process that image according to the specifications and ship it out to you. I heard that Canada PR card processing actually uses a software to validate the photos. That’s the reason they are not able to point out what’s wrong with the photos submitted in most of the cases. I know 4 people who used it to re-submit photos and all of them got accepted (May be they just got lucky too:))

1 Like

Thanks!

Thanks much! Will take a look at it!

Hello everyone,
I had a question regarding soft landing. My preferred province and city was Toronto, Ontario when I applied for PR and it says so on my COPR. Is then necessary to complete the landing in Toronto. Since I live in Boston, I was thinking of driving to Montreal because it’s closer. Thoughts?

cc: @vignesh.pr

Not sure if you can drive to Montreal since it’s in Quebec. For EE, I think you can’t do landing via Quebec.

You can do your landing anywhere. The preferred state was for a reference point.

I’m getting conflicting replies regarding this. Does anyone know for certain?

@rahulbak I received Federal PR. My preferred city was Toronto but I did soft landing in Vancouver. No issues. Do not do soft landing in Quebec/Montreal unless you received a Provincial nomination from them. I keep reading that it will cause issues if you’re a Federal immigrant and soft land in Quebec since Quebec has their own immigration system.

Hey everyone,
I’m going to be driving to Toronto from Boston tomorrow. Is there a route/bridge you guys prefer I enter and exit Toronto from?

Wanted to check, if a COPR holder can travel to a different country before making a soft landing. E.g. Indian resident due to work travels to London and travels back to India. He has a COPR but has not soft landed. Does he has to inform CIC about this new trip?

no need to update any travel info after your AOR

1 Like