FSW Express Entry - Under Review due to Eligibility

Background:

Hi there,

My wife and I recently got married. She is working in Canada (Indian citizen, she did her master’s there), and I am working in the US. We applied for our PR under FSW Express Entry (she added me to her application later). She made the cut off because her sibling was also a Permanent Resident of Canada.

However, after applying for CAIPS notes, which provide a status update on the application, we found out that the application was under review as they were unable to verify her sibling’s Canada residence, thereby reducing our CRS score below the cut off. Her sibling had changed their residential address after we had applied for PR, which might have caused the issues.

We responded with the appropriate documents to verify her sibling’s residence, and are now waiting.

Questions:

1. What are the chances of rejection?
  2. How long will it take for CIC to give us a decision on our application, after we submitted the latest set of documents?

Thanks in advance!

I believe your chances of rejection are slim as you’ve now provided them with necessary documentation. A letter detailing cascade of events can clarify reviewing officer to adjudicate the case without delays. Since your case is unusual, I cannot comment on the time frame but expect delays.

1 Like

Did your application got processed successfully? I might get in this situation while applying for PR for my brother. Kindly tell me how it went for you. Thanks.

What does CAIPS notes mean?

My PR got processed successfully. It just took more time than normal, but that was also because of some missing documentation that they asked me for after beginning processing. Every time you have to submit new docs, it adds delay. They might start over. CAIPS notes - here is the link to apply:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html

Basically, once you apply for it, you get a detailed summary of the status of your application, including what they are currently assessing (security check, etc.) It takes a month for them to provide this. This was very useful for me, as it let us know that we had fallen below the cutoff, because one of our documents that was supposed to get us more points, had an issue. As soon as we saw this, we responded with the right explanation.