Good start up for a long term growth portfolio?

I’m 26 and am looking for making a long term growth portfolio, penny stocks and high risk stuff will be somewhere else such as penny stock, memes Etc. I got BURNED on GME and I’m just looking for long term growth now and am pivoting towards redoing my mentality to stocks. I’m new but I’m currently in apple and was thinking KO or microsft. I know energy stocks or weed? could be good but don’t know much about those. Mainly looking at tech, food or entertainment, and ETFs. OF COURSE I’m wanting to retire early but I’m not believing I’ll retire in 5 years. I don’t really have a short term or long term outlook? Maybe I could get some help with my short and long goals. Portfolio go up is what I want. Maybe doubling my portfolio yearly short term? Idk if that’s outlandish. Have about 3k-3.5k depending on my current stocks and I’ll admit it… my GME losses (2.8k) really made me wanna change. I did learn from it though… thanks.

I wonder how you lost on GME when it is still near $150-200 from many weeks after a dip few times…
If you bought at higher price and sold at very low price then makes sense…

If you are expecting your portfolio to double yearly, then you still have more learning to do. You can invest in ARK funds, if you have high risk appetite. :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: