Got my PR now whats next?

Since a lot of folks here on this thread are in post-PR stage, you’d probably be able to help me:

Got a ‘Ready for Visa’ email from CIO (IRCC). But when I logged into my EE account, there is no new information.

1. Is this a problem?
  2. Is this the golden email OR ghost update OR PPR?
  3. Should I be waiting for something to show on my EE account (and risk starting my 30 day clock to submit passports)?

Follow the instructions in the email. “PPR” and “the golden email” are the same thing-- a request for your passport or copy thereof so that your CoPR can be issued.

Nothing will change on your account until the documents that you send in have been processed.

Thanks, that helps.

[quote=“anon25417004, post:1, topic:327”]
PR Card Photo Specification

Thanks for your detailed note around landing. I had a question around the photos required for PR.
On documents required for landing I don’t see a requirement that the photos are required. The photo acquired for the PR are from the initial Express Entry application we submitted? Or do we need to take the photographs with us?

Appreciate your response!

Thanks
Appy

I don’t remember them asking for photos during landing. I remember submitting them during

1. Submitting online application (Scanned)
  2. Submitting passport after PPR
  3. Sending photos after receiving “photos do not meet specs” email after landing, for PR card.
1 Like

Right, as Anshul said, no photos are required during landing.

1 Like

Thanks. Yes. I submitted the photos on online application and for COPR. Just wanted to make sure, since there have been emails, that folks are getting requests to submit new photos as their initial submission was not as per specs.

Thanks
Appy

Thanks!

Hi Community

I went through the posts and have got a fair bit of understanding of Post PR process. Apologies if the query seems to be redundant, but would request a quick understanding of the following:

• I plan to do a soft landing in Canada (for nearly two weeks). From what I see above, it usually took 60 days to get the PR Card delivered. However, the IRCC website gives 14 days as the processing time. Difference between two weeks and two months is quite a varied one. Which one to believe?

• Where do I apply for the PR Card? On the Airport, at the time of soft landing? Or somewhere in the city?

• Is it necessary to give a ‘Local’ address for delivering the card PR? What if I don’t know someone in my network who’s in Canada. What should I do next?

• Assuming that I come back to India post 2 weeks of soft-land and my PR Card takes nearly 60 days to be issued, then I can travel via the PR Travel Document (PRTD) if I’m not incorrect. How/ where to apply for PRTD?

Looking at posts in this community, people have received PR cards in 2 weeks so that seems to be the current timeline.

At the airport. However, if you mention you are doing soft landing, the officers might not apply for the card right away and might ask you to apply when you move permanently. I think in this case, you will need to apply it online. This is from what I have read so may be someone who has been through it can confirm or deny.

Again, from what I have read you would need to give a local address but I think people have been able to use UPS mailboxes.

Not sure about this one.

1 Like

Thank you @mrandmrs :slight_smile:

• Assuming that I come back to India post 2 weeks of soft-land and my PR Card takes nearly 60 days to be issued, then I can travel via the PR Travel Document (PRTD) if I’m not incorrect. How/ where to apply for PRTD?

PRTD would be your only option. And it cannot be applied from Canada. So you will have to go to nearest Canadian consulate in India or any country and they will provide you one. Just google for it and you will know what documents you need to carry with you.

Regarding PR card, current timelines are correct. I landed on June 8th and had my PR card in hand on June 21st.

Hello everyone,
I had a question regarding soft landing. My preferred province and city was Toronto, Ontario when I applied for PR and it says so on my COPR. Is then necessary to complete the landing in Toronto. Since I live in Boston, I was thinking of driving to Montreal because it’s closer. Thoughts?

Hi, Congratulations on the baby. We are stuck in the same situation and wanted to know if you went before the COPR deadline and were able to add your new born baby. We received our COPR in October and had baby in November and we have our COPR till March 20 2020 and were planning to visit Canada for getting the PR initiated but not sure if we can get the baby added to the PR application before that, we just got baby’s passport and medical done.

Appreciate your help, if the immigration department asked for adding baby’s information to the COPR or were asked to do new COPR for all.

Hi,
Sorry for the late reply, hope my following answer is useful to you. We notified the birth of our newborn after which our COPR was cancelled(as we wanted to add our baby as dependent) and we had to wait for 4 months before they issued a new COPR for all three of us. We got our COPR stamped after that successfully with no issues.

Hi @N14 we eventually ended up notifying CIC via web ircc and they suggested we send the paperwork for the baby and add her as a dependent on the PR. I did that and they asked us to send our passports to issue new COPR and visa and did so on March 17th, and i guess because of the Covid 19 situation we still haven’t got our passports back. Much appreciate your response.

Hello Ashwin,

When did you inform CIC about the new born baby? I am in similar situation but COPR expired as we could not travel due to COVID.

Is your issue resolved now? Did IRCC ask re medicals for your family including the new born? Did you get your new COPR and New PR Visa stamped?

Did you send the Passport to Canada High commission in New Delhi, India?

Hi,

We informed them after the baby was born and before we planned to enter the country, our copr was still valid then and we had planned to travel and got her included but then covid happened and we never went, although they did get us new copr after we included the baby in our application with new dates of expiry. They didn’t ask for our medicals or baby’s and our passports were sent to Ottawa office.

You should inform them of the baby’s arrival and reasons for not travel on their web IRCC form and you should be good to get the bay included and get new COPR.

Thanks,

Ashwin

Thanks for replying Ashwin. Could you also share your country of residence? How did you send the Passport to Ottawa? It was my understanding that Passport are submitted to VFS and they co ordinate with New Delhi for stamping

Also, what the new expiry date on the new COPR? Are you planning to travel asap or does the travel restriction apply to you?

Hi @N14 - Hope you are doing good. Can you please tell the timelines / how much time it took for IRCC between you submitting all the document and IRCC re-issuing the new COPR?