Help with work reference letter

Hi,

I searched through similar topic discussions for reference letters but could not get any pointers for my situation.
So, I got ITA in the last draw where I had claimed points for 3+ years of work experience.

In all I have over 6+ years of experience:

Company A in India -> 3.8 years (Points claimed against this in the express entry profile)
Company B in USA -> 1.5 years
Company C in USA -> over 1 year and current

I am in the process of getting reference letter for company A which i should get within couple of days.

But, my question is will it be fine if I do not give reference letters for Company B and C. I will mention about these companies’ experience in Personal History. I can attach offer letter and pay slips for both B and C as a proof.

Also, while creating express entry profile, I had only mentioned Company A while giving details about my work experience.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

I have exactly the same issue. I cannot get reference letter with job duties.from my current employer. Can someone please help here?

If we don’t put the current job details under work history, won’t the immigration officer wonder what the candidate has been doing since last 2-3 years or wonder if we are trying to hide something.
@vignesh.pr @avj

Misrepresentation is considered as such when you benefit from falsifying/witholding important information relevant to your application. If you’re not claiming points for a job (because you probably clear the cutoff and don’t need to), it’s not considered witholding information; you’re supposed to add everything in the personal history section anyway.

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

Thanks Anshul, similar question.

1. I’m planning on getting letters only from 2 employers. But I have had 2 unpaid internships and a paid, part-time Teaching assistant position at Grad school, and getting letters for these is going to be cumbersome. Am I right in understanding I don’t need letters from the latter but include them in personal history?
  2. What if my employer in India does not agree to provide one? Can I use offer and relieving letter and write up an experience letter of my own?
  3. My employment in India ended in Aug 2009 (july 2007- Aug 2009 to be precise). Can I use it for CRS?
  4. I’m not sure I can find pay slips for this job I held almost a decade ago- any work around?
  1. RA/TA doesn’t count. Unpaid doesn’t count.

2. Do not have reference letter from employer, Multiple NOC codes

3. You should get letters for that in case you can use part of it.

4. Do not have reference letter from employer, Multiple NOC codes

1 Like

Thanks Anshul. I’m claiming 3+ years including the employment 2007-2009. Am I correct in using those 2 years for CRS despite the fact that it started more than 10 yrs ago? Or is there no such stipulation?

You can add 2007-2009 but most likely they would consider only 2008-2009.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html

Your skilled work experience must be:

• in the same type of job (have the same NOC) as the job you want to use for your immigration application (called your primary occupation)
  • within the last 10 years
  • paid work (This means you must have been paid wages or earned commission. Volunteer work or unpaid internships don’t count.)
  • at least 1 year of continuous work or 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week). You can meet this in a few different ways:
    • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • equal amount in part-time: 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)

Thank you

Hope your questions were answered. Thanks @avj