IELTS Preparation

Why are you registering for TOEFL?

1 Like

Corrected my typo :slightly_smiling_face: I need some coffee.

2 Likes

For Listening section, do they provide for conversation transcript too or no?

I hope we don’t have to memorize the whole conversation.

If I remember correctly they play the relevant part and give you time to answer the relevant question, and so on.

No transcript. The audio is played for a specific set of questions. The answers are always spoken in the same order as the questions for questions that are ordered. For stuff like matching, it can be in any order.

3 posts were split to a new topic: I maxed the IELTS my experience and recommendations

That is what we did. We flew from SF to LA to write the exam.

Do you think so many people are looking forward to move to Canada or what could be reason for sudden influx of people towards IELTS?

so what is your score ?

wasn’t that 8 in last two years…?
i mean you can use that score for 2 years

IELTS:
Overall
Listening
Reading
Writing
Speaking

1 Like

good… thats great score…congrats… I assume you already got required score and either received ITA already or soon will get it…

I don’t know the statistics so I cannot say for sure. But in my circle, the Nov 2016 election and subsequent visa scares were a big factor.

Hi All,

I have a few doubts about IELTS. Please share your thoughts…

For Canada, how long, the IELTS score deem valid? Is it 2 or 3 years?

Is there any problem if husband and wife attend the exam from two different countries(one in US other in India)?

Thanks

1. 2 years http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=121&top=6

2. That should be fine.

Thanks Anshul for the quick reply

Any pointers for Phoenix,Arizona IELTS exam centers?
Please share specific experience in Phoenix…

I don’t know about Phoenix, and here’s why: I live in Salt Lake City and had applied for the Phoenix center (or Tuscon I don’t remember :thinking:) because that was the closest one to me (SLC was never ever listed). The day before I was gonna schedule my flight and Airbnb I got an email saying they were gonna hold the test in SLC. I don’t know if they do it often but call them and confirm where the test is gonna be before u book flights.

I cannot use academic IELTS score for Immigration. Everyone has to take General training test.

1 Like

Thnx a lot Vignesh… :slightly_smiling_face: