Intra Company Transfer


I work for an Indian IT Software company, and on H1B right now working in Texas.
Once I get my PR processed, should I reveal it to my current employer, would my current employer try to place me in canada if I tell them about the PR


It’s really up to you at that point. Once you have received PR you are technically allowed to go work in Canada. I would say that would be a great option to have provided your company has a Canada office. One way would be to first approach someone you know in the Canada office and ask about the team there. When you have more information talk to your manager and see if he’s open to the idea of you taking a transfer.

It’s possible that your whole family is PR and that your parents are thinking of moving to Canada which is why you also want to transfer to that office. Or your wife has a job in Canada and she has got you both PR.