Is FBI Report Good Enough for Police Certificate?

Thanks @avj for your reply.

The problem with getting the German PCC - at least based on the link you gave, which by the way I had already seen - is that since I am not a citizen, my only options are applying for it either in person (i.e. make a trip to Germany) or by post. How long will the postal process take is anybody’s guess unless someone here can answer that. Hopefully, it would be possible to get it within the 60 days window post-ITA one has.

Does anyone here know any better?

However, the key question which I asked still remains: what does “6 months or more in a row” really mean? Do my 138 days in 6 months with 4 ins/outs, really meet this criteria?

Any definitive answers?

If the answer to the above is “No need for German PCC”, would the answer to my need for India PCC also be “No” or would it be “Yes” just because it is my country of citizenship?

@srhere the idea of asking Q’s here is to get some answers from people with knowledge. If I were to collect PCCs simply because “a little more money doesn’t matter”, there would be no need for asking anything. Forewarned is forearmed, as they say.
Thanks everyone anyway for trying to help.

As long as you don’t have to send your passport or any of your originals I think it’s a great deal. Just send document copies and fees and wait. If IRCC asks you for it provide the certificate.

I already answered your question. Technically they don’t require you to submit anything for less than 6 months’ stay but there have been very few cases where applicants were asked. My answer is for both Germany and India, citizenship doesn’t matter here.

also it is true that it is better not to do repeat the mistakes of others…
and that’s applicable if you are able to find a person with similar case in the past… and that is not impossible but, is difficult.

If you have not received ITA yet then probably you delay your application for ITA itself until you figure out if short trips totalling 6 months need PCC or not… google such things and you may find so many people posting such questions on other websites with similar experiences…

Anyways i suggested to get the PCCs because no one would be sure (unless similar case) know here if case officer will ask for PCCs later for India and Germany from you or not.

If you already got ITA, then Now if it is easy to get PCC from India then go ahead and get it and submit with application… that’s my suggestion :slight_smile:
For Germany, as anshul said it seems no need to submit passport, so go ahead and start the process. In case you receive it before deadline to submit application then good submit it with application or you will have it handy if they ask later. Again just a suggestion!! :slight_smile:

Thanks @avj. I overlooked your answer - my mistake.

ITA just arrived in the mailbox in today’s draw!

2 Likes

Good… Now get ready for the further process :slight_smile: