Is FBI Report Good Enough for Police Certificate?

Hi Everyone,

This may be a dumb question but I’m getting very confused here. Is the FBI criminal history report good enough for EE or do we need that PLUS a Police Certificate from local police department?

Thanks!

The FBI ID History report is the only one that is needed for Express Entry. Also some good news here, traditionally this was a slow offline process but now its electronic and quite fast. More details on the linked thread.

You need a police clearance from EVERY country where you have lived for more than 6 months. For e.g., for me it is India (PCC from consulate/local police stations) and USA (FBI clearance).

Thank you Vik for the clearification!

Thanks Anshul. I understand that part but my confusion was if we need to get the report from both FBI and local police department. Vik clarified that we only need the one from FBI.

I think I might have misunderstood your question. @anshul.v.joshi is correct when he says you need a police clearance from every place you’ve lived for more than 6 months. When you said “local” I imagined you meant the US.