ITIN renewal while living in Canada


Has anyone tried to renew their dependent’s ITIN while living and working in Canada.

My kid’s ITIN has expired, and needs to be renewed before I file my last year’s US Tax return. From what I know, I either have to go to an IRS office with original passports, or send by mail the original / certified copy of passport for ITIN renewal. Is their another way for US tax residents, living outside USA?


I only know the W-7 form as a way to get ITIN (with certified copies of passport)