Community

Landing to move permanently during COVID-19 with expired COPR+PR Visa

@namangupta a bit off topic but did you automatically get an extension or did you send a webform to IRCC telling them that you are ready to move?

@ameha - i received an email from IRCC asking for my plans to move (my copr was approved before March 18). I am planning to move asap to start a new job and they updated my application status with a new visa number. However, not received any communication on next steps yet.

1 Like

@namangupta Thanks. My COPR was also approved before March 18 2020 but I haven’t received any such email. Should I get in touch with them or are they sending emails periodically?

@ameha - you should reach out to them. I received an email on Dec 24 asking for details on my plan to move to Canada.

2 Likes

You can reach out to IRCC by phone and ask them if you need to send your passport. In my case it took around 2 weeks from delivery to dispatch of passport.

Also from a recent case I heard that they are sending out travel authorization letter instead of asking for passport

Received an email last week saying i can travel with the travel authorization. No re-stamping needed.