Leased car to drive from US to Canada- PR holder

Hi All,

I might need to use my leased car to enter Canada. Is that ok? Do the border personnel allows this? We are the PR cardholders. Did soft landing in 2019 and now moving permanently.
Do i need to get a letter from the leasing company? Car’s title is owned by Toyota financial services and it is registered in my name. I have Geico car insurance and it covers us in Canada. I have still 3 months left in my lease maturity. I plan to drive back after a couple of months to return the car.

Hello, we are in the exact same situation now. Can you please let us what you ended u doing? Did the CBP officer allow you in the country with the leased vehicle? Did they apply for your PR card at the birder, inspite of having the leased car? Please do let us know. Thank you.

Yes we drive via leased car and showed them letter form Toyota that we can take vehicle to canada. It was for 30 days.
We told them we will try to go back to USA within 30 days if we can else we will buy lease and import the car.
They allowed us to enter.
I believe leased car should not be a problem.

For Pr card - this was our scone visit and we allied our PR CARD. When we did soft landing some 2 year back.