Legal advice sought: My PR in canada has expired in 2014

I moved to canada in 2009, however due to some personnal circumstance i was there only for 2 months and had to leave. .
I recently wanted to visit canada and realised that I can’t unless either
a- I renounce my PR
b- I apply for renewal of my PR cad (which i am not eligible for given I do not fulfil the requirement of the 730 days spent in canada within 5 years)
My question is:
If I renounce to my PR, can I apply in the future for express entry or any other type of entry that would give me the right to work there in the future?
Thank you for your help