Letter head or Stamp paper

Hi friends,

I am in the process of getting an affidavit from a colleague for proving my work experience for a company that I worked in India.

1. Should the letter be on a letter head of the company or a stamp paper that should be notarized.
  2. Can we notarize if the letter is giving on a company letter head.
  3. I have the offer letter, pay slips, bank statement and form 16. Will the letter from colleague and these documents be enough to prove my work experience. My colleague is still working there and will provide his business card also.
  4. I have sent an email to the HR but they are not responding.
  1. Should the letter be on a letter head of the company or a stamp paper that should be notarized.
    As per CRS website, the preferred option is company letterhead. If that’s not available then other options come into play.

2. Can we notarize if the letter is giving on a company letter head.
    If the letter is on a letterhead, I don’t think that has to be notarized.

3. I have the offer letter, pay slips, bank statement and form 16. Will the letter from colleague and these documents be enough to prove my work experience. My colleague is still working there and will provide his business card also.
    Based on my understanding reading posts in this forum, this approach has worked for a lot of applicants.

4. I have sent an email to the HR but they are not responding.

1 Like

Thanks Shat.

My colleague said he can provide it on a stamp paper notorized and not on letter head. He is willing to provide the official email id in the letter and his business card also.

Will it be a problem if the HR doesnt reply to my email request saying they cannot provide the reference letter.

It’s difficult to say if that’s going to be problem because at the end of the day it depends on the assigned officer handling your case.
Having said that, your case is not unique and many members have went through this successfully. I would suggest you to read threads in this forum related to work experience letters in detail. That would be helpful for you.

I never did any notarization or stamp paper.

Thanks again Shat. I will refer those threads.

Hi Anshul, thanks for your reply. Can you please elaborate on your case on how you handled your work reference letter.That would help me assess my situation.

1 Like

Anshul, Getting a letter from one of my floor managers, would that be okay? My supervisor has moved to compliance dept and not even responding to my emails. But my floor manager who witnessed my duties is willing to provide it. Thank you.

Anyone who has supervised you is in the best position. Any superior/HR who knows your work is also fine. It should be on letterhead to be considered official.

1 Like

My floor manager is signing on a affidavit. He is ready to give his business card, id card and last pay slip which has his date of joining as well. Our HR denied me saying they cannot provide job duties, saying it is their policy. I have their denial email…Thanks Anshul.