I wanted to get some thoughts on what folks did with their investments in the US, before moving to Canada
- Did you transfer the investments to Canadian brokerage account?
- What did you do with RSUs that were yet to vest? This is considering you continue working with the same employer remotely.
- What did you do with 401k? I currently have my 401k in an employer sponsored Fidelity account. Does it have to be rolled out to an IRA?
- How did you bring the cash in US bank accounts to Canada?
- What happens to your US bank accounts once you move?
- Any tax implications we should be aware of?
Thanks in advance for your input!