Need help to know process to move Canada with potential Job offer in hand

Hi Guys,

I’m in discussion with Ontario based company and the company is interested to appoint me as full time employee. I’m a Mechanical Engineer from India & currently working as Project Engineer in R&D - Product Engineering department. I’ve total experience of 8.5 years in the field of Hydraulic Engineering. I’ve been reading about number of processes on web to be qualified for Canada entry and they made me slightly confused. I’d prefer to process PR or work VISA whichever is possible in quick time.
Can somebody guide me step by step to process this? Thanks for help.

Regards,
Pankaj

You can persue both PR and work visa at the same time. PR is a point based system. You can get an idea of how many points you can score here CRS
You would have to guesstimate IELTS score to get an idea. Currently the cut-off has been going above 440 points to receive Invitation To Apply.

If in case you are not getting enough score, the visa process could potentially help you in two ways.

1. If your job offer is LMIA approved, you’ll get 200 additional points for that.
  2. If not, after working for a year in Canada, you’ll be eligible for Canada Experience Class program.

The following would answer most of your questions
Read me first

1 Like

If you get the offer and are considering moving there then you should accept it asap and apply for the work permit. That will probably come faster than PR. Also, you can start PR process whenever you want. Working in Canada will make you eligible for EE, PNP, or CEC.