NOC - 2 different job profiles

Hi all,

I have a question about choosing NOC when I create EE profile.

My first job was in IT (entry level engineer, would probably match NOC 2171 Information systems analysts and consultants) from 2007-2009 and the 2009 portion of the experience I can still use for my FSW/CRS score. My current job is in Medical devices (non IT job) which would be a different NOC, probably NOC 2148 Other professional engineers, n.e.c… Since this is my current job, I can use this work exp for points.

My questions:

1. Can I use both these experiences i.e. 2 different NOCs while creating EE profile? They are both skill level A professional jobs. However I was told I cannot (by an immigration consultant) They told me NOC should fall under one category, so I either choose the IT job or the medical devices job. PS: When we calculate FSW, there isn’t a note that says work experience must fall under one category/industry.
  2. If the consultant is correct and I decide to go ahead with current medical devices job, do I need work experience letter/salary details only for this job, and proof of employment for the IT job?
  3. Lastly, to create and submit EE profile, am I correct in understanding I only need IELTS score, ECA and NOC info ?

Many thanks,
VJ

1. You can add multipple NOCs. For each job select appropriate NOC and number of years/months worked. Does it give you this option while creating EE profile? If so then that should be OK.
  2. You need reference letter per job that has job duties in detail that match (not word to word) with your NOC. This is for each work experience you are claiming points for. You get maximum points for 3 years of non-Canadian experience.
  3. Yes.