NOC Choice Civil Engineer

Hello, I have a BE Civil Engineering. I work at a General Contracting/Construction company. First, I was an Estimation Engineer, and now a Civil Quality Control/Assurance.

I’m confused whether my NOC is Civil Engineer 2131 for both positions, or Construction Estimator 2234 for the Estimation Engineer plus Construction Inspector 2264 for the Quality Assurance/Control Engineer. Note that there would be change in skill level from A to B in the different cases.

Please find below my jobs’ description.

QA/QC Engineer:

• Monitor and control the quality and workmanship of construction activities, testing, and inspections according to project’s specs, codes, and drawings
• Responsible for QA/QC documents including certificates, calibration, test results, inspection requests, non-compliance reports and site instruction/observations, materials delivered
• Research, review, and submit materials for approval in compliance with project specifications, and collaborate with the procurement department to maintain quality of materials
• Assist site engineers and managers and collaborate with Consultants and subcontractors to maintain the quality of systems.
• Inspect civil, structural and architectural construction works: formwork, reinforcement, concrete (batching, pouring, curing and testing), concrete architectural finishes, and foundation works
• Propose corrective actions and method statements
• Report to QA/QC Manager and Consultant

Estimation Engineer:

• Study tender documents: drawings, specification, BOQ, quantities take off, scope of work, and contract.
• Prepare technical and commercial submittals
• Send enquiries to subcontractors, negotiate and compare quotations
• Prepare man-hour calculations for various activities
• Participate in pre-tender meetings and site visits, and engage in post tender negotiations
• Prepare technical clarifications to client for discrepancies
• Liaise with operation teams