NOC code for QA Automation Engineer 2173 vs 2283

I am confused what my NOC code would be? My role is QA Automation engineer. 2283 makes sense because of my following responsibilities:

• Writing scripts for tests
  • Executing test plans and reporting issues to devs

however 2173 also makes sense because of:

• I develop framework keywords for web testing which other feature testers use for their automation testing
  • My work is 80% automation
    Which would be the right NOC code for me?
    Thanks in advance guys.

Your NOC should match whatever you think would be written on the reference letter(s) for the amount of experience you’re counting towards your points. If a majority of one NOC matches your job description that you’re boss is willing to sign, use that. You can only use one NOC.

Thanks for your response @anshul.v.joshi . One more question in last 2 years, my first year was OPT internship in web app dev so for that I am planning to use NOC 2174 and 2nd year onwards to be precise last 15 months I am in QA automation role and I think NOC 2283 would be better suited for it then while answering initial ‘come to canada’ questions should I then just say my skilled work ex to be 1 year instead of 2 ? Since it clearly says that the experience should have been continuous in 1 type of occupation. Then maybe in the main EE profile I will add my secondary experience of NOC 2174? What is your take on this? Thank you.

I’m not really sure how multiple NOC works.