Hi All, I work in operations team of a telecommunication company.It is divided into Radio network and core network.For Radio, there are RF engineers and similarly there are core optimization engineers.
There is a confusion within two NOC codes : 2147 and 0131
My Title matches with 2147 i.e Wireless communications network engineer or telecommunication engineer but duties mentioned does not match.
If i see 0131 , my duties match with this code but the title says Telecommunication carriers managers, so it is a management occupation.
My designation in my offer letter is Engineer.
Please suggest if anyone has faced a similar problem.
2147 – Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)
Computer and telecommunications hardware engineers
- Analyze user requirements, and design and develop system architecture and specifications
- Research, design, develop and integrate computer and telecommunications hardware such as microprocessors, integrated circuit boards and semiconductor lasers
- Develop and conduct design verification simulations and prototype bench tests of components
- Supervise, inspect and provide design support during the manufacturing, installation and implementation of computer and telecommunications hardware
- Establish and maintain relationships with suppliers and clients
- May lead and co-ordinate teams of engineers, technologists, technicians and drafters in the design and development of computer and telecommunications hardware.
Network system and data communication engineers
- Research, design and develop information and communication system network architecture
- Research, evaluate and integrate network system and data communication hardware and software
- Assess, document and optimize the capacity and performance of information and communication system networks
- May lead and co-ordinate teams of design professionals in the development and integration of information and communication system architecture, hardware and software.
0131 – Telecommunication carriers managers
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of a telecommunications establishment, department or facility
- Consult with senior managers to establish policies concerned with the development, operation and maintenance of telecommunications services
- Direct and control telecommunications traffic volume and flow within assigned areas, through subordinate supervisors and technical staff
- Analyze and evaluate telecommunications installation, operation and maintenance services and make recommendations for improvement
- Ensure compliance with telecommunications regulations and directives of government regulatory agencies
- Liaise with representatives of related or connecting companies to resolve joint telecommunications problems and ensure efficient telecommunications system operations
- Recruit personnel and oversee their training.