NOC for Data Analytics Profile

Hi,
Are there any analytics folks that are applying for express entry? I’m looking for help to identify the correct NOC as none of 2171 (Information System Analysts and Consultants) or 2172 (Database analysts and data administrators) or 2161 (Mathematicians, statisticians and actuaries) seemed to justify analytics + reporting profile, any pointers would be much appreciated.

My profile:

1. Perform quantitative and qualitative statistical analysis, identify patterns and correlations and generate insights to achieve organization’s strategic goals
  2. Enhance and maintain existing reports; Develop new data visualization dashboards and provide a self-serve platform with real-time insights to clients utilizing platforms such as Tableau and Chartio
  3. Explore and analyze data from multiple sources. Identify and accurately map data anomalies using SQL
  4. Generate weekly/monthly/ad-hoc reports with product and business trends for multiple categories, sales territories and departments and competitive market share, enabling business to make informed decisions
  5. Collaborate with multiple business segments and serve as a subject matter expert resolving business issues using direct and indirect data
  6. Seek to continually improve upon reporting standards through industry best practices

Thanks!
VI

1 Like

Hi,

I have an analytics background and am currently in a Senior Consultant role with job duties similar to yours. I decided to go with 2172 (Database analysts and data administrators), since there is a good amount of overlap with the job duties listed under this code. The idea is to go with something with the closest match. 2172 mentions “analyze data and perform data mining analysis”, which was the key for me. If you have a software engineering background and you look at the “Employment Requirements” section for 2161, you will realize that is probably not the best code to select for people in our boat. As far as 2171 is concerned, that’s too generic and seems better suited for Tech Consulting profiles. These are just my opinions. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Sid

Thanks Sid - I used 2172 as well.

Hi folks,

I have bachelors in Electronics & Communication (BE) and then PGDM (Marketing & Operations). But my entire work-exp career has been in ‘Data Analytics’ with some of my roles reading as follows -

• Providing operations analytics support to business including capacity planning, demand forecasting, management of demand and optimization of organizational performance.
• Drive building of analytics solutions to solve business problems and to drive operations strategy with intent to create significant business impact.
• Building and operationalizing appropriate processes to meet business needs.
• Drive change management as and when required by business.
• Annual Budgeting and identification of opportunity for new engagements and new process developments.
• Liaison with US partners and ensures the success of the engagements.
• Strong focus on innovation and an ability to operate independently in an environment strongly focussed on creating impact for the business.
• Lead interface to Operations Mangers to provide detailed statistical analysis and support. Satisfy business planning needs with innovative and quantitative analysis techniques.
• Share information and best practices at desirable level with other team members.

Please suggest as to if 2171 or 2172 is what I should opt for or should I be creating my profile with another job code.
2161 wouldn’t work as I donot have “Mathematicians and statisticians usually require a graduate degree in mathematics or statistics.”

Thanks,

Hi Vl,

I have almost the same profile as yours. Did you have your graduation in Computer Sciences?
My glitch is that I had done my Bachelors in Electronics and then PGDM in Marketing/Operations. Curious to know your background and which job code did you apply with.

Thanks,

Hi sidmahajan,

Could you please share the main duties that you were able to furnish on your work-exp?

Thanks,

did anyone of you go with 2172, if yes what was the outcome. Can you share your job details.

We used 2172 and got our PR back in April’19. There were no issues. Good luck!

@vi1617 hey great, Congratulations! hope things are going well for you . Just a request if you can share the final roles and responsibility doc, that would help a ton.

Pasting below…80% of what I ended up using in my letter

1. Perform quantitative and qualitative statistical analysis, identify patterns and correlations and generate insights to achieve organization’s strategic goals
  2. Enhance and maintain existing reports; Develop new data visualization dashboards and provide a self-serve platform with real-time insights to clients utilizing platforms such as Tableau and Chartio
  3. Explore and analyze data from multiple sources. Identify and accurately map data anomalies using SQL
  4. Generate weekly/monthly/ad-hoc reports with product and business trends for multiple categories, sales territories and departments and competitive market share, enabling business to make informed decisions
  5. Collaborate with multiple business segments and serve as a subject matter expert resolving business issues using direct and indirect data
  6. Seek to continually improve upon reporting standards through industry best practices

@vi1617 Thanks a ton for sharing it and all the best to your life in Canada:)

1 Like

Hi Anuraag,
Just wanted to hear your thoughts on the query as I have same situation.
My glitch is that I had done my Bachelors in Electronics and then PGDM in Marketing/Strategy.
If I apply under 2172 then would there be any challenges? How did it go for you? Please suggest at the earliest.
Thanks,
SK

@anuraagiskalita
Hi Anuraag,
Just wanted to hear your thoughts on the query as I have same situation.
My glitch is that I had done my Bachelors in Electronics and then PGDM in Marketing/Strategy.
If I apply under 2172 then would there be any challenges? How did it go for you? Please suggest at the earliest.
Thanks,
SK

@vi1617
Can you please share your job title?
I have same responsibilities but my job title varied
In my initial company it was Systems Engineer ,Senior Systems Engineer and then analyst at another company

Data Analyst

@vi1617 - Do you ahve an idea under which NOC Code I should apply and does designation names matter?

@navahluwalia08 After much deliberation, I ended up using 2171 and it worked just fine. Based on my experience, more than job title it was the actual work profile/description that helped the most.

Hi @vi1617

I am in a confused situation to choose noc code. I have similar roles and responsibilities like yours. May i know if you selected 2172 and got PR.

I have seen at the last comment you selected 2171.

Thanks in advance