Non Accompanying to Accompanying Spouse after ITA but before e-APR

Hi Fellow Members,

I require your suggestion or advice on this question:

I received ITA in December 2018 with status as Married & Non accompanying spouse. This was because WES for spouse was pending. Now after ITA, we have received WES ECA. If I update my spouse to Accompanying now, the score falls but still is 1 point above the cutoff on my round of invitations.

Is it ok to update application to include spouse as accompanying now?
Is there any possibility of denial due to this, since the WES ECA was not done on the Day of my ITA was received?

I appreciate your thoughts on this. If I decline the invitation, I lose 5 points next month due to birthday, this is do or die situation.

Thanks!

0 Likes

Call cic and ask this query asap… They will clarify in detail… Don’t delay this. +16139444000 is the number.

0 Likes

Here are my 2 cents (Still US cents, not Canadian yet) …
Ideally you shouldn’t have mentioned that spouse is non-accompanying just because WES evaluation was pending (not sure if there was any other reason for putting it like that, so apologies in that case).

I think what matters ultimately is whether you are able to meet the cut-off when you submit the documents for the round of ITA which you got, and whether you have true proofs to back that up.

So if you are still above the cutoff, go ahead and submit your profile and give a clear explanation of why you entered your spouse as non-accompanying now in the LOE.

Why I think your case is ok, is that submitting an EE profile is not considered as an application to IRCC. It is the actual application after ITA that is considered a real application to IRCC, so you are not misrepresenting anything.

If you are not eligible (due to low score than cutoff) you risk losing the fee, but if it is considered misrepresentation, you risk ineligibility for 5 years.
(Not a lawyer though)

0 Likes

I have true proofs for everything I mentioned in EE profile.
I will call CIC & try to check with them and if possible try to consult an immigration attorney.

Thank you both for your help, someone giving word of advice gives way more mental strength than we can imagine. Again, Thank you.

0 Likes