Onsite work experience

Hello Friends and Experts,

How do I declare the onsite work experience? Situation is that I was an employee of IBM India which sent me to two different onsite locations.

Should I just declare it as one chunk, like worked for

Option 1 (current scenario in EE):

IBM India for NOC code ABCD from DDMMYYYY to DDMMYYYY

or should I break it like follows:

Option 2:

1. IBM India DDMMYYYY to DDMMYYYY
  2. Onsite DDMMYYYY to DDMMYYYY
  3. IBM India DDMMYYYY to DDMMYYYY

I declared it as Option 1 in EE and planning to declare it in detail in last ten year history where I will declare the employer as IBM India but location will be the foreign country. Also, the foreign addresses will be mentioned in 10 year address history.

Although I was working onsite, and earning salary in foreign money, I was still IBM India employee.

I reached out to the HR team in the foreign country and they said that I should contact the Indian HR team.

Thanks & Regards,
Raj

If your employer didn’t change during that time then option 1 is correct. It’s good if the reference letter mentions the onsite trips, if you can get such a letter.

The main thing that matters is your job duties description that should match NOC, and other details such as length of employment etc.

Hi @avj

I am in a similar situation but i don’t have experience working in different countries but just different cities in the same country all while the employer being same.

Scenario: I have been employed by a company “A” in the US and have worked on projects in 3 different cities. None of the project that I worked is based out of my employer’s base location. My employer issued me a reference letter with consolidated list of job duties that I have performed in my 3 projects. In all 3 projects, I worked as JAVA/J2EE developer. Therefore in my work history section, I have a single entry for my employment with company A. But, in my personal history, I created 3 different entries for the same employer, because in personal history city is being asked for the activity performed for a given duration. Since I worked in 3 different cities for the same employer, I created 3 entries with the duration and city mentioned.

Please let me know if you think this is the right approach.