Ontario Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream (PNP)

Hey,

You are on the right track, Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program is the best PNP program, there are number of other PNP Programs but Ontario is one of the best Nominee Program to immigrate to Canada. You may know all the details about Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.

I hope this will help you to better understand. Thanks

So I got the invitation to apply for Ontario PNP yesterday (still haven’t gotten anything from the general EE pool, btw).

[Background: Combined score for me (MS with 8+ years US work-ex) and my wife (PhD, w/~3 years US work-ex) is 454]

Have a few questions if anyone can shed some light (and/or provide links, etc)

• Work experience - I put my current and previous work experience under 2174 as that was the one that closely matches. My previous employer has a work experience letter that they gave me last year - They have already told me that they won’t be able to issue anything new and/or modified from what they gave last year.
  • I have seen posts where people recommend getting a work experience letter with the NOC in there. First of all, how do we include this when we ask our HR and/or manager and/or colleague for this? And, further, where do we even include the NOC code? It just feels very weird to put a NOC number next to responsibilities, so if anyone has done this, please provide me a sample. If you don’t want to share it here, please send it to me privately. Much appreciated
  • my current employer is a fortune 50 employer, so I can definitely get the 'automatically generated/ generic letter (to whomsoever it may concern, ABC works here since xx/xx/xxxx, his annual salary is xx, bonus is xx. works at least 40 hours a week, etc). I will try to get one from current/ previous manager and/or colleague on a letter head
  • Current employer for ~4 years, was with previous employer for ~3 years. Same NOC code put for both. (2174)

There is a section in the Ontario PNP where it basically asks for “list your motivation for moving to Ontario to prove direct / indirect link to Ontario” (i’m paraphrasing, of course)

• I have only one remote link, when I used to work there on work permit (internship, but went on work permit) for about 4 months. this was back in 2008/009. Since the duration is vvery short, I did not include it in EE as well.
  • Outside of the above, any input into what we can include for the above?

I reached out to few members here who had mentioned they had gotten Ontario PNP, but still waiting on their response - hence my wider post here.

Any/all insight/input/guidance/samples - much appreciated!

Thanks all.

BUMP

(I haven’t seen any related answers on the forum to the queries above, hence my separate post)

That is probably because most of the people on this forum haven’t gone through PNP and don’t have answers to these questions. I moved your query to this thread because people who have gone through OINP are on this and might respond to your query if they get a notification of the same. :slight_smile:

@acheema, any inputs?

Thank you @mrandmrs

I have already pinged @acheema few days back - no response yet :slight_smile: I posted here only after that, to see if anyone has some experience around this.

Outside of the PNP stuff, do you have any insight into how we can combine (or even put a NOC code) in a work experience letter? I found some samples while searching, but none of them have direct NOC correlation.

1 Like

I have replied to your PM.
Basically, this is like submitting an EE profile all over again, including ordering a duplicate WES evaluation.
I used a law firm to handle the details, was a very tedious process.
Took 3 months to get it after submission.

Thanks. I have reached out to them. They ask almost the same questions as on the EE profile - hope the money spent is of some value.

And, so far, I have to say, they have been pretty hard to reach, and basically coughing up the same stuff that we find in the EE / PNP stuff. No help whatsoever.

Hi all,

I recently got my NOI for Ontario (OINP).

Under my EE profile, I had submitted only 4 years of my recent foreign work experience that goes with my primary NOC and omitted the others because I just need to make sure I have 3+ years of foreign experience for the points. I will be adding the remaining of my work experience in my personal history section - post ITA.

For the work history under OINP, do I need to show all my previous work experience?
Or just the one I am claiming points for?

The OINP website says:

Work History

List all of your paid work experience in the last ten years (or since the age of 18, if this was less than ten years ago). Start with your current or most recent occupation.

Does this mean I have to include all my previous jobs for my OINP application? It’s hard for me to produce reference letters for some of them, as they are all based in India and it’s hard for me to get them.

We are going through lawyer for OINP, and they said I need to list and get experience letters from past 10 years. If we cannot, we need to get it from a colleague or etc, but on a letterhead.

This is what is frustrating, as my supervisor from my first FTE has passed away, and none of the colleagues are there anymore. I’m trying to work through this as well.

Bottom line - yes, it is frustrating, but it looks like we will need to get all that stuff for last 10 years.

Question about the education section on OINP application. I have a masters from US and a bachelors from India. For my WES ECA we only got the masters evaluated. On OINP application do I only list the masters or its OK to list both degrees and only send ECA for masters?

Yes, it is okay.

I put my one MS with the WES evaluation.

NOTE: you need to directly send a WES evaluation to OINP from WES Canada website. (you will see OINP in the list of providers WES will send cred directly).

The other degrees I have, I just listed them in the education section, but chose ‘NO’ under credential evaluation (except the one MS eval)

I can confirm this is valid only based on my experience. My application was confirmed completed by OINP system and above is what i did

hi all,

Received my Ontario PNP acceptance email, and I’m now back in the EE pool with additional 600 points. I’m now going to be checking/posting more regularly on the EE side!

The entire PNP process, I was able to complete on my own (you can see above on the frustration i had with trying to work with lawyers initially), so feel free to ask questions, and I will try my best to answer.

2 Likes

My case is similar as yours , My crs score is 451.Going for oinp. can you help me on this.
Thanks

How to go about the work experience if I dont have any colleagues present in the company.PLease guide me

Sure, feel free to DM me.

If you have pay stubs etc, you can show all that. But, if a request comes from CIC to prove your job duties, responsibilities etc, you would need some contact from that company to help with that, which is usually a Co worker or a manager or someone who knows and confirm what you did. So, the best bet is for You to find some contact somehow. No other option, unfortunately.

@acheema @anon25417004 Hello Guys,
I got NOI from Ontario and this is for NOC 2173. I have selected this NOC based on the recommendation of my consultant because i was not much aware about this. As per my profile i am a SAP Consultant and title is Advanced App Engineering Analyst. My roles and responsibilities mostly match with NOC 2171 but i can obtain the Reference letter for matching responsibilities with 2173.
Can i proceed to submit application in this scenario or shall i not take any risk? Also, could someone please help me to review my reference letter ? Currently Consultant is not helping me because he is asking me the more money.

Also, could you please help me to review my Intention Letter for Ontario?

Yes, Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream, which is part of the OINP, recently issued invitations to candidates with relatively low CRS scores, as low as 351. This presents a good opportunity for individuals who may have difficulty meeting the Express Entry cutoff score to immigrate to Canada, particularly to Ontario