Open work permit for Spouse

Hello All. I recently moved to CANADA on a closed work permit. My wife already has the Visitor Visa stamped and is due to fly to Canada this April. I want to apply for an Open Work Permit for her. Please clarify on the below questions.

  1. Should I wait for her to move into Canada or apply now itself?
  2. If I can apply now itself, should I apply for the permit from my gckey login or my wife’s gckey login?