Parent sponsorship

Hello All,

I want to know if anyone is applying for parents grandparents sponsorship this year??

Eligibility says 3 years of tax return, I am not sure If this is 3 years of Canada tax return or anywhere.

Hello G.Rajtharun,

Unless you have 3 years of Notice of Assessment from CRA, you can’t sponsor your parents. Check the details here: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1445&top=14

To prove you meet the income requirements, you must include your Notice of Assessment from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) for the last 3 tax years before you apply (2020, 2019 and 2018) . The easiest way to prove your income is to give us permission to get your Notices of Assessment directly from the CRA.

1 Like

But if the intent of Cic is to confirm if one can afford the sponsorship for parents by asking for last 3 years notice of assessment then they should accept even a proof of income of last 3 years or 2 years from US too… Isn’t it?

If they are not accepting US income proof then it means they are simply putting this rule of 3 years of CRA proof to discourage new people who entered in less than 3 years period…

I agree with your statement, that is what I am not sure about if they accept tax assesment from other countries

I think best is to call IRCC and confirm