Passport request message for Canada visiting visa

Please I don’t know if anyone has this experience,I got a passport request letter from Canada embassy since my passport has been long expired to proceed my process and which I did and it appears on my profile that passport replacement was uploaded successfully to my surprised after few days I received another letter from them that I failed to comply and due to this my application was refused. Please what can I do.

Did you upload a copy of your expired passport, or the new passport you got after renewing your passport? This wasn’t clear from the wording of your post.

That said, unfortunately you were probably correctly denied. If you need a visitor visa for Canada, that means your passport isn’t from one of the visa-exempt countries.

When you get a passport request letter and you are not from one of the visa-exempt countries, you don’t send in a copy of your passport, but your actual original passport. I’m not sure if it’s done at the embassy, or if the embassy sends it to a Canadian office at IRCC, but someone will apply the visa sticker to a page in your passport.

They can’t do this with an expired passport (in fact I think the rule is that it must not expire in 6 months or longer, so it could be rejected even if unexpired), and they can’t do this with a copy of a passport. They need an original, unexpired passport.

If you did actually send them your original, unexpired and renewed passport, and that was in the portal, but you then got denied, it then sounds like someone at the heavily backlogged IRCC made a mistake.

I think first step would be to open a webform to notify them about the mistake. Beyond that, there were some avenues for appealing that you can look at here: https://www.visaplace.com/blog-immigration-law/appeal-canadian-visa-refusal/ however by the time I’ve posted the 30 day deadline to appeal has long since passed. In any case, for a vistior visa, it may make sense to just open a new application with the new passport to start with rather than trying to revive the old one.