Personal History - Statutory Questions

HI

For the questions below, the first one I have answered as yes since i was refused a visa few years back and In provide details I have mentioned everything, what about the next one do I need to answer it yes as well? since the questions are identical?

Thank you

What happens if you say yes to second one, does it ask for details?
If you were denied a student visa then you should probably select no first and yes for second (?). The first one says visitor or temporary resident visa which is not a student visa.

Hi Anshul,

Yes it does ask for details - I was denied for a skilled graduate visa , it is kind of a work permit given for any one who fits the criteria for two years to work in australia. Which is why i put yes for the first one as i felt it is a temporary resident visa

Second one I wasn’t sure but since I was denied a visa which im assuming comes under work permit.

In that case I’d recommend answer yes to both. If the denial reason was benign they probably won’t hold it against you.

1 Like

Hi @kapilchandra - Did you say Yes to both? Also, did you get your PR?
My H1B transfer petition was denied, and I’m still contemplating on what to select here.

I did put yes for both and I got the PR! add all the info to the best of your knowledge.

Should I list all previous refusals to the second question?
I had 2 study permits refused before coming to Canada, so I got it approved on the third attempt.

Currently going through PR application process.

I remember for converting my study permit to work permit I listed only the last refusal and it went good.

Not sure if I should do the same for PR application.

Any word of wisdom is always welcome.

Absolutely yes! Please be honest and transparent about past refusals. A relative genuinely forgot to include a refusal and got into trouble later.

Thanks for the reply!
Yes! I was always planning on including it.
My only doubt is if I should include both refusals or just the last one.
For PGWP application in the past I recall including only one refusal and it was approved.

Since this is a PR application, I would include all info clearly. It will not harm your application.

Hey guys,

I forgot to mention an old US visitor visa refusal in one of those questions, I never mentioned this to IRCC on previous successful applications either (study permit and pgwp). So I input No to the first question

However, I did answer Yes to the second question as I had Canadian study permit rejected twice and I provided all the details about that. But nothing about the US visitor visa denial.

Can anyone advise what to do here? I submitted my online PR application yesterday.

Thank you!

Raise a webform with IRCC’s website, mention your application and that you made an honest mistake about the visitor visa denial. If you let them know earlier on and on your own initiative I suspect it looks better to them and it’s easier for them to buy that it was just an honest mistake.

Thanks! Yes, I raised the webform last week and received the confirmation from IRCC that they added it to my application. Let’s hope for the best now.