Personal situation - passport not returned IRCC

HI, I had sent my passport to CPC Ottawa on Oct 27, which reached them on 28. Its been more than 5 weeks with no updates. I want to retrieve my passport urgently, created many webform entries and called multiple agents with no useful information. Finally got this email id -

(mailto:IRCC.CPCOPassportUrgent-UrgentPasseportCTDO.IRCC@cic.gc.ca)

for urgent retrieval, was wondering if anyone can confirm this is the right email id?

Not sure of this email ID, but you can definitely email this one for getting an update. They are pretty responsive. (mailto:CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca)

Thank you!

this email worked- mailto:CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca, today got a call from a lady from CPC Ottawa who said she has mailed the passport today. Thanks again!

I am in the same boat. My us visa status about to expire. Did you get passport back with the copr?

Thanks

Hi, yea I got it within 2 days of sending that mail for emergency retrieval.

got it, after that. Does the passport come with a visa stamp and copr? Do you need re-send the passport later?

Thanks,

In my case they stamped the visa and sent the copr as well.

1 Like

thank you so much! hope something good happens to me as well…

@sammamish I am nearing my H1B year year cap and will have to leave the US by March. The passport has been with Ottawa office for 4 weeks now and no update. Is this a valid reason requesting them to return the passports quickly?

Can you confirm what email ID you had reached out to for this request?

@gurugururanjanrao has there been any progress on your case. I am on the same boat as yourself. Let me know for any suggestions.

no updates so far… indeed same boat…

Hey @gurugururanjanrao. Any progress on your case?

@gurugururanjanrao Hi there have you received your passport yet ? I just sent passport retrieval request to IRCC and im wondering how many days will it take to get it back

Did you receive any update after sending an email to the address above? How many days did it take for you to get a response? Did you get your passport?

Does any one have the updated email address for Ottawa office. we no loner can send email to below address, they have updated ACL to block external/non approved senders … I’m also trying to get update from Ottawa office about my passport return date

CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Hello i cannot send email on this. Do you have any email address?

Hello how did you do it? For emergency retrieval. Its been 3 weeks we havent heard for my husband’s passport.