Police Clearance Certificate San Francisco Bay Area

Hello,

I am applying for PR and seeking PCC. But I live in SF Bay Are so I need to either mail documents or go to the consulate in San Francisco for the PCC. I have couple of question related to the process.

1. If I go in person, I still have to give the passport which they hold until the process is complete or they give back the passport immediately?
  2. My second question is that the visa on my passport has expired but I have valid i20 and i94 which validates my legal stay and SEVIS. I am still eligible to go consulate and apply for police clearance right?

I would like to add a question to applying for Police Clearance certificate in SF bay area.

I am required to send a filled in Personal particulars proforma in addition to Miscellaneous application form for SF indian embassy. The Personal particulars form requires a 3.5 cm by 3.5 cm photograph. I couldnt get that size in US. Please advise if you used the regular passport size instead or got 3.5 cm by 3.5 cm photograph somewhere?

1. In person they will return your passport immediately
  2. My F1 visa had also expired but valid STEM OPT EAD card worked in my case.

I used regular passport photograph I got from Costco. It went beyond that spec but they dont really care. I had no issues.

1 Like

I submitted my original passport, associated fees and application form to Indian San Fran consulate for PCC on June 19th. San Fran. consulate, however, acknowledged the receipt of all the documents on June 29th. The timeline of Indian PCC in San Fran consulate is 1 month. I have to submit all the documents to IRCC before 9th of Sept - Am I cutting too close? Should I ask for my passports back and fly down to ATL or NY Indian consulate where I can get the PCC in one day?

Your guys response will be much appreciated! Thank you!

Hello Can2023

Can you please share your experince . Did you get your PCC in time ? how long did it take to get it ? did you make it in time before ITA expriration ?

Did you have to go to NY or ATL ? did it help going there if you did ?

I have applied for my PCC at SFO Consulate in Sep 1st week and waiting for the results right now. all other documents rae ready for filing .
ITA expiration in 15 days

Iā€™d like to add 2 questions:

1. Me and my wife reside in Seattle, I am visiting SF in next couple of days for work and was wondering if I can get PCC for both me an my wife if I carry all necessary documents ?

2. IF I take the other route i.e. through mail, Would I get back my passport along with the PCC when its ready ? or do I get back my passport sooner ?