PPR close to medical expiry date

Thank you soo much!

@viveksharmaz

Have you landed yet wanted to see how your landing experience was?

Also do you use gc key? Does your gc key still shiws your medical pass date as nov 2019 or they updated that to a new date?

Are they giving these extension only for people who got medical in USA?
or you know or heard anyone getting extension who is in India or got medical in India?

Mine is nit extension case. Its a fresh POR caseā€¦ I am in Usa and applied from usa in dec 2019 and I got my COPR on 30th Oct 2020.
Let me know in case u have any questions

1 Like

Hi @sun @viveksharmaz

My COPR is valid till Aug 2021 but my medicals have expired.

I have not received a re-medical request but I donā€™t see in my express Entry profile that my medicals were extended, it says medicals were done on Dec 4 2019.

Is it safe to assume that since my COPR is till Aug 2021 my medicals have been extended aswell or do I need to do my medical again?

Did your Express Entry profile update the medicals or did you guys receive anything in written about your medical extension?

Iā€™m really confused.

Please advise

Regards

Hey Areeb ,

As far as I know, once you got your COPR medical doesnā€™t matter . Your CIC profile must be changed to approved.
You should be good to travel using your COPR .
Mine Medical was done on nov 2019 and I got COPR in nov 1st week . min cic profile s approved .

Yes I have the same understanding i.e if your COPR is approved youā€™re good to go. You donā€™t have to worry about medicals expiring post COPR from what I understand.

Hi @viveksharmaz,
Iā€™m in a similar situation where my COPR expires in Feb 2021. Here is my timeline,
My Medical date 17th Feb 2019
My PPR 19th Oct 2020
Received my COPR 17th Nov 2020 till 17th Feb 2021.
My wife and I are concerned about traveling in the current situation between the US/Canada border. Is there a way or case where we can ask for an extension till summer 2021? Please let me know your thoughts.

Hi @pkb,

I am in same situation as you with same timeline and I tried asking for extension.
But they send below email.

Hello @usa2canada,
Thanks for sharing. Did you get a chance to check the instructions on the website? (the link provided in the email)

Hi @pkb,

There is nothing special about those links, the links are the usual once and I am sure you must have visited many times.

Link 1:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19.html?utm_source=slash-ircc-covid19-ircc&utm_medium=short-url&utm_campaign=covid19

Link 2:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved-expire

Link 3:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

@viveksharmaz, do you have a sample Invoice that you had sent.

Also, how long did it take to receive your passports from VO Ontario? Could you please let me know.

I Made an account on Fedex and used that to create outgoing and inbound courier request to Canada ā€¦
because Fedex dont have an option to create an prepaid envelope if u go to them . You have to create that your self . I sent an overnight courier to Canada. I got back the passports exactly after 10 days. my CIC profile was updated after one week. You can email me at vivz12@gmail.com in case you have any more questions

@Vichu7190 - you can do it in fedex store also, but still you will need a fedex account.

1. Create a fedex account as vivek said.
  2. You can create a return label from the fedex acocunt u created or ask fedex employee for ā€œInternational Airway Billā€

@usa2canada @viveksharmaz - I currently live in NJ, USA and my COPR expires in June 2021. Unfortunately I am also in a situation where H1 and H4 extension needs to be filed during April 2021. Hence wanted to go to Canada before that and get the stamping done.

Can I:

1. Travel by flight get my COPR stamped in the airport and stay there for 14 days and return to US ?
  2. Do I need to show them any funds again ?

Kindly help. Let me know if I can reach out to you via phone, as you mentioned you are also from NJ.

Hi @nchalla,

You can go and try stamping, but if you donā€™t have appointment date then it will be difficult to get appointment.

1 --> Yes. I donā€™t see any issue, as I heard couple of people are travelling by flight and coming back after 14 days quarantine.
2 --> I am not sure about showing funds. But I would carry funds proof, because you can never trust immigration officer (whether it is Canada or USA).

Hi @usa2canada,

Just to confirm, so they would not be signing the COPR when I am about to enter Canada near the border by road/airport ? If that is the case, there might be a trouble of me staying back for more than 14+ days without the signature on COPR :frowning: ?

@usa2canada - Do you happen to know if anybody was able to get their stamping right away while entering the country by road/air ?

Hi @nchalla,

Sorry, if I confused you. When I said about stamping, I was talking about US visa stamping in consulate.
As soon as you go to port of entry of Canada, officer will first sign your COPR. So there will be no chance that your COPR is not signed.
And you donā€™t need to talk with officer about leaving Canada and returning back to USA after 14 days of quarantine.

Hi guys, I have a slightly weird case and wanted to check if anyone here could help out.

I am a PR applicant (Express Entry) - Submitted my application in June 2019 and got my PPR in March 2020. But due to the COVID-19 pandemic, I was not able to submit my passport to IRCC for the CoPR.

However, when services resumed, I sent my passport to IRCC via the 2-way courier service of VFS. My passport reached Delhi IRCC on Dec 9th and today I received my passport, and there is no visa, no COPR. My application online also has not been updated.

My medicals expired on July 2020.

In all this time, I have not received any email from IRCC asking for additional documents, what do you think could have been the reason?

They had my passport for more than 30 days and now they send it back without anything and no updates on the portal too.

Anyone faced a similar experience? Any advice? Iā€™ve raised webforms but no respose! :frowning: