PR card not issued during Soft Landing (post Covid)

Hi
Background : H1B in the US. COPR validity extended to April 17th 2021 with a letter of authorization from IRCC.

I drove into Windsor through the Detroit-Windsor tunnel on 10th April 2021.
The posts on the forum were helpful. They let me turn right back around into the US where I entered with AVR. The issue I had was the officer refused to mail my PR card to my friend’s address. He did staple the COPR to my passport. Is there any way to apply for the PR card online?

1 Like

Same thing happened to us. We drove via the Peace arch. About 5 weeks after we returned back, we got an email from IRCC asking us to send updated photographs and also provide a permanent canadian address. We are still figuring out how to update the address.
Looks like even though CBP officers say they wont issue a PR until we actually land, the actual generation of PR does get initiated.

1 Like

You can call IRCC/Immigration customer service and tell them you have a new Canadian address to update to get PR cards… and they will do it and you will get the PR cards delivered there…

1 Like

Call IRCC/Immigration customer service and tell them you have a new Canadian address to update to get PR cards…
they will do it and you will get the PR cards delivered there…

Thanks everyone. I raised a request on webform and entered the address details. My PR card got delivered fairly quickly after that!

1 Like

@srhere I am currently living in the US and have not moved to Canada permanently yet. Is there a way to call IRCC from the US?

1 Like

@canlop1 I raised a webform as well. How long after you made the request did the PR card get delivered?
We are asked to submit a new photograph as well. Wondering if I should wait to send it until I hear bank via the webform.

1 Like

@basky I raised the webform on 30th April. They responded that they updated the address by email on May 6th. May 18th my friend received my PR. Sorry I’m not sure about sending the picture since they didn’t ask me to do that

1 Like

@canlop1 Hi , I did soft landing yesterday via land border from USA . But the officer refused to initiate my PR card…I returned back to USA with using AVR process. I have raised webform today to mail my pr card with canada address. Will it work?

Did you get any update on your query?

No response yet, have you got any response?

Have your friend got pr cards by canada post?

Interesting. I did soft landing 2 days ago via the windsor tunnel and I gave my friend’s address for PR card. No questions asked.

1 Like

Hi, can you please let me know,when you got email of address update? I just got IRCC email today that is just about webform receipt. They are still working on my application. I landed in canada on April 1, returned back to USA on same day… officer didn’t initiated PR cards. So on April 2 I raised a webform to mail my pr card and I provided canada address. Today I just got email of application receipt. How many days more I needs to wait for email of address update and card mailed…? Please reply what happened in your case… Thankyou!

Why did the office not initiate your pr card process. Did he sign the copr?

Later did you get a PR mailed or you had to do soft landing again.

Hi @Texas2Can , I intend to do a soft landing next week via land border. I am planning to take my own car, I have the title and registration with me. I am planning to stay in canada for 4 days to complete the SIN and other processes. Would it be okay to take a personal vehicle ?

Driving a personal vehicle for a temporary visit is not a problem. However, if bring the vehicle in permanently then it has to be imported.

My guess would be, since you are doing a soft landing, the vehicle is not being imported yet but is just in Canada temporarily, so it will be fine. If you bring it to Canada later then you may have to import it - but if you plan to leave it behind with a friend or relative in the US then you shouldn’t have any further trouble over it.

Hi @abff08f4813c , do you mean I will have to import it during soft landing or can I add it to the list of GTF and complete the import process when I move permanently?

I’m not sure how to deal with it on the list of GTF. Just that it doesn’t make sense to import the vehicle if you are doing a soft landing (as the vehicle is returning back to the US at that point).

Checking Clarification on Car while doing soft landing | Canada Immigration Forum it seems like you need to have it on the GTF list while doing the soft landing, but the actual importation process doesn’t need to happen until the permanent move later.