PR expired, what are the chances of renewing it?

Hi all,

I have a unique situation here. To give you a better understanding of my case, here’s a brief of what I’ve been through:

• I got my PR Q1 2018 while I was living in the UAE. I travelled to Canada, landed, and got my PR Card.

• My plan was to stay in Egypt until the end of 2019 before moving permanently to Canada, however by the end of 2019 and beginning of 2020 Covid hit and I was unable to travel at the time.

• March 2020 I joined my current employer, which is luckily a Canadian company.

• By 2021 I met my wife, we got married in NYC in October 2022 and decided that it’s the right time to move outside Egypt as it’s an extremely dangerous place for LGBT.

• March 2023, my PR expired.

Now my understanding is that I need to get a PRTD to allow me to enter Canada again to renew my PR, however I’m not sure if it can be issued while I have not met the minimum requirements of staying.

My questions would be:

• What would be the best way to renew my PR? Should we apply for the PRTD, visit visa, or to apply again through the express entry system?

• Would having a valid job offer from my employer as an assignee in Canada make it easier to renew the PR? ‘I’m already in discussion with them regarding this and seems to be on the right track for it’

• What would be required to add my wife to my PR?

Sorry for the long post, I’m also checking with a lawyer however trying to gain as much info as I could based on experience.

Thank you all.