Previous employers will not list job duties on the employment letter

Previous employers will not list job duties on the employment letter, I have reached out to them and they responded to my email saying that they don’t produce such letters. They asked me to use the general employment letter they generated when I left the firm.

Please let me know what I can do in this case.

Thanks & Regards,
Raj

You don’t have any other option. If you want a particular work experience to count:

The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

• a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and
  • if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).

Please search through the forum’s previous posts on work experience letter. You will find recommendations on what to do, including getting unofficial letter from (former) colleagues and proving to CIC that you tried.

Can I decline the ITA, delete that particular job from the list and wait for the next ITA? It will hardly make any difference in the CRS score.

What do you think?

Or maybe try to collect all the official docs and unofficial letters from colleagues etc for this job and submit them in final application. I did that for a company that mattered and it worked.

Or you may decline the ITA it’s really your call.

I declined the ITA and removed the work experience that was not contributing to the score. I have kept minimum amount of work experience that is required to get me across 450. I have removed my wife’s work experience as well since there were no points awarded for it.

This will save me a lot of hassle of unnecessary documents. Now waiting for the next round of ITA, my score remains the same at 456.

2 Likes