QA Lead Jobs in Canada

Hello Fellas,
Happy New Year. I am currently residing in Atlanta, GA, United States of America and working as QA Lead in one of the top 4 Auditing firm in there IT section.
I am in the process of appearing for IELTS exam for which I am preparing and soon for WES evaluation shall be sending documentation. Having said that, I am doing my homework regarding an opportunity or market conditions for Senior QA Analyst / QA Lead / QA Manager positions in different provinces of Canada. I heard Regina has quite a lot of opening but just wanted to confirm. Hence, I would request any one to toss some light on my query that would help me. In adjunct to this, how is the market for Localization jobs especially in Japanese language as my wife is level 3 certified in Japanese language.

Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Thanks & regards,
Saurabh Olkar
216 702 8090

Saurabh, QA positions are still more in number with larger firms and banks. The startups that I’ve come across as more developer heavy. I’l do some digging and add to this thread. Ping me if I need a reminder. Honestly the other part of your question is a little too specific for me

I’m following this question too… looking for a Sr level automation QA role if any…
Right now I’m doing research if I can even apply with these qualifications.

https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/396978/quality-assurance-engineer-ii

I know for sure this position is still open (as of december)

Hi Everyone,
We just had a great QA Automation Engineer role come up in Toronto with Visa/work permit taken care of for you under Global Skills Visa (2-3 week process). Details are below, but if interested, please reach out on https://movnorth.com/canada-tech-job/

Sensibill is lighting up the FinTech industry with mobile solutions that change the way people interact with their purchases and enable corporations to make critical insights. We are looking to expand our Quality Assurance team, and are seeking a dynamic Software Developer in Test to work on designing and building the continuous integration systems at Sensibill.

We are looking for a developer who wants the opportunity to help improve the quality of our API, as well as our Web, Android, and iOS apps, that are rolling out in banking applications, targeting millions of users. Someone who wants to dig in and get their hands dirty. Who is excited about working cross-functionally to aid in planning, implementing test strategies and system improvements. Who loves to break down the product, meticulously going through every aspect to ensure we are only releasing the best. Sounds like a big challenge? It is. It’s also an amazing experience in a start-up environment at the cutting edge of the #fintech industry, working with the latest technologies.

As our new Software Developer in Test, you will:

Assess. Review product requirements and design from an automation and continuous integration perspective.
Contribute. Work cross-functionally to aid in planning, implementing test strategies and system improvements. Actively contribute to Agile sprints, performing spontaneous or planned test automation to support user stories.
Build and Automate. Create and execute regression and integration automated test scripts in-line with bi-weekly sprints. Design and implement continuous integration systems with automation for smoke and functional regression tests.
Test the API. Write automated tests for the API endpoints.
Diagnose. Run automated tests, generate reports and identify root cause of failure.
Destruct. Break down the product to find the faults and take the initiative to suggest solutions.
Communicate. Convey findings, messages, suggestions, and opinions across our team.

​This is what you bring:

A post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science or a related field.
2 - 5 years of work experience building automation tools and continuous integration systems.
Hands-on experience using automation tools like Selenium or Appium, using Java or any other progming language.
API based automation experience (client side and server side).
Deep expertise in reviewing, designing, creating, and executing functional and regression tests for web and mobile.
Ability to create/maintain test matrices for a given feature and automate critical functionality prior to release.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Fantastic instincts that point you in the direction of what can go wrong; an innate sense of the technical “gotchas” around edge cases.

Why should you join Sensibill?

We love pie. We are fun. We are guided by conscientiousness.

Our culture is like that perfect piece of pie; humble and delivers exactly what you expect. Why pie? That’s our acronym. We are all about passion, integrity, excellence. We like to have fun, and share the love. So for your birthday, we will treat you to a your favourite pie. Actually, we get a few of them so we can celebrate together.

Joining a start-up in the early days is pretty much the greatest adventure you can go on. We are lean, smart, fun, and we live for balance. This is not a top-down culture. We want everyone’s input during critical decisions. To that end, if you have ideas, we want to hear them. Together we can shape not just your role and your team, but our company. We want new team members who want to invest in us the way we invest in them. We want your ideas, energy, skills, dedication, and if you have any, we’ll take your #streetreceipts too.

2 Likes