Question on Global Talent Scheme and progression to PR from it

My company is considering applying for my work permit via the Global Talent Scheme and to submit a Labour Market Benefits Plan (LMBP). I hope to apply for PR in a year’s time. Is there anything specific to be aware of or clarify while they are getting this ready. One thing I wanted to check was the NOC level, which I plan to ask them. I am going to be working in the IT field.

Also are there any restrictions on applying for a PR when you get a work permit via the GTS program. They have not mentioned an LMIA approval - is that something done by default ?

Is there anything else to clarify with my company to ensure I can apply for a PR when I am in Canada. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Just wanted to clarify if there are any restrictions on applying for PR when you get your work permit via the Global Talent Scheme (GTS)? Also realised that some NOC codes cannot be used for the GTS scheme and that my company will not be going through a LMIA approval. Will this have any issues with applying for a PR when I am in Canada. Would I still be able to get additional points for having a job in Canada if it is not LMIA approved and the work permit is via the GTS scheme?

Appreciate any reply as I have to make decisions on this soon. Thanks

Nope, you can apply for PR after one year of working under Canadian Experience Class. More on it here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html

Thanks @deepac.

That’s reassuring. So now we can start work on the documents needed for the GTS paperwork.

1 Like