Remote tech jobs in Canada

@panditji hi could you tell me more about the process of continuing your US job in Canada using PEO. I could not find an option to dm you.

Jai Shri Ram @dks
I actually didn’t continue with my US job, I changed employers when I moved to Canada.

But I did complete the job search and offer signing before moving across the border. The interview process was directly with the US based company and once that was cleared, the offer and signing was through the PEO.

Once in Canada, I picked up my work equipment(laptop etc) in person and that was pretty much the extent of direct engagement with the PEO (Terminal in this case). I do reach out to HR once in a while when it comes time to get an employment confirmation for mortgage etc. Terminal is just one example, I’m sure there are other companies that offer the same or similar services.

1 Like

@panditji Thank you for your quick reply.
So you worked for a US based company using PEO in Canada? what was the process like?
And do you communicate directly with your US based company regarding your day-to-day activities and only for payroll and other information you need the PEO?
I am currently working for my company in the US which has no office in Canada. I just wanted to see the options I can give my company to continue working for them for Canada.

My wife worked for a PEO firm for a few months. She didn’t know the arrangement when she interviewed with the US firm, and only came to know of it in the offer letter. She had some reservations initially about the whole setup but there wasn’t any issue. The payroll was handled by the PEO firm, that’s about it. And of course, if she needed a proof of employment, it came from them. Other than that, there was no involvement from them on day-to-day stuff.

1 Like

Thankyou @rangarajanm for replying. I have the same reservations too. I would really like to continue working for my current US employer. But as long as the PEO only handles the payroll and not the day to day activities it looks like a pretty good option since my current employer does not have an entity in Canada. Would you mind mentioning the PEO name? I know a few of them like Terminla.io and Mob Squad but just wanted to give my company a few options from my side as well.

Sorry for the delayed response. The PEO name is HR Options.

1 Like