Retake photos for PR card

Hello there,
We just used a tracking service and tracked to ensure it reached the office. Immediately 2 days later we got a letter from CIC that the application was completed and PR cards were on our way.
Good luck!

Thanks
Appy

Hello,
We(my wife and I) received the same email to resubmit the photos. I sent them the photos and the letter attachments in the email for both of us in one envelope. Mine got approved the very next day but my wife’s application is still in progress. I am now wondering if they ignored my wife’s photos because we had to send them 2 different envelopes with each of our photos in them rather than 1 envelope ? Or am I overthinking?

The photographer who did ours seemed to have a lot of experience with reasons for them being sent back - in one case she told us about it was because CIC could detect “a hint of a smile.” I suppose it’s a learning curve for any photographer, so my advice would be try to find one who’s been doing it a long time, not just one who’s familiar with the requirements.

Hi all,

We got a mail to resend the photos for PR card processing within 180 days of landing. But we did our soft landing and are currently in US. Can we send the new photos from the US address or is there a better option? Please guide us and I am sure that someone in this forum might have gone through the similar situation. Thanks in advance

Hi all, just wondering if anyone faced a similar situation or know any information related to this. Thanks

Hi Tom, didn’t notice earlier, but seems like you had the same question. Could you please let us know how you handled this situation and what is your current status? Thanks in advance

Hi tej. Yes so we had the same issue where in my spouse was asked to resubmit the pictures. We just clicked a new set of pictures for her and sent them via registered mail. It reached there and within weeks it was approved. It was not a big deal. It seems sometimes, they either misplace the pictures or the details behind the pictures are erased or something really not a big issue. Mailing them the new set of pics should resolve the matter.

Hi Tom, thanks for the reply. Just want to confirm that you guys mailed from outside Canada right? We are currently in USA. So we are kind of hoping that it should be fine mailing from current US address?

My bad. I should have mentioned. Yes we mailed it from outside Canada. It was not an issue. Use something that you can track so you know at least it reached the right place. Good luck.

Thanks a lot for the clarification Tom. I really appreciate it

Hi @deepac @appy22 amd others

When they requested updated photos for one family member only, did that hold up the PR card delivery for all family members? Or did you receive the PR card for others first and later your spouse after he/she submitted the photos?

Hi there,
Just saw this question. Hope its sorted for you already.
I did not come across this situation, we had sent our updated photos at the same time.

Regards,
Apeksha