Retake photos for PR card

Hi Guys,

2 weeks after soft landing, I received an email from CIC to resubmit pictures for PR card, they just stated that the pictures didn’t meet the requirements but there are no details about what criteria wasn’t met. I took my and wife’s pictures from a professional studio and we believe that we met all the requirements, not sure what went wrong? There are no details in their email notice, just the request to re-submit the pictures as per requirements.

Now I’m confused, how and what should I rectify if I dont know what was missing. I plan to re-take the pictures and just cross my fingers. Any suggestions ?

-Sourabh

We had the same issue- my husband was asked to re submit his pictures. Second time over they approved it. They seem to be quite particular about the photo

Hi Sourabh,
Were you able to figure out the exact specs that needs to be sent as part of this email you received? We got similar email from immigration and we had earlier submitted the photos as per the their specifications on their site.

Not sure what else they were looking for as they did not specific on their email.
The one we sent:

Appreciate your response!

Thanks
Appy

Here are the specifications they are looking for :
The photographs must be:

• taken by a commercial photographer
  • 50 mm x 70 mm (2 inches wide x 2 3/4 inches long) and sized so the height of the face measures between 31 mm and 36 mm (1 1/4 inches and 1 7/16 inches) from chin to crown of head (natural top of head)
  • clear, sharp and in focus
  • taken with a neutral facial expression (eyes open and clearly visible, mouth closed, no smiling)
  • taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows, glare or flash reflections taken straight on, with face and shoulders centred and squared to the camera (i.e. the photographs must show
  • the full front view of the person’s head and shoulders, showing full face centred in the middle of the photograph)
  • taken in front of a plain white background with a clear difference between the person’s face and the background. Photographs must reflect/represent natural skin tones

image002

Thanks! We actually used the exact same specifications when submitting the pictures the first time.

Thanks
Appy

Yes, they asked me to send a second set of photographs (both my wife’s and mine) when we first applied for a PR.

We landed in Canada recently and now it’s time we are supposed to get our PR cards mailed to the address we provided. They sent us an email a few days ago saying the photographs were not upto their standards and that I should send a new set of photographs to them again.

It is not exactly cheap to mail these photographs to them. I wish they would be more specific as to why the initial ones I sent were not upto their mark. I just hope they will accept the ones I sent them recently. If they are not happy with them, I am sure I would hear from them again.

I was not able to figure out what went wrong with my previous photos, but I am resubmitting them hoping this time the officer processing those would be having a good day. It’s inefficient on their part to request to re-take the pictures without any details.

-Sourabh

1 Like

Thanks for the note! Wish you all the best, hope the pics work this time.

Thanks! Yeah, hoping for the best!

Can’t we use the same photos which we submitted for CoPR?

This is when you get an email saying that the initial photos submitted (for CoPR) are rejected for PR card and have to re-submit the photos again. While landing, they do not ask for any photos. They use the once that are submitted for CoPR for applying the PR card.

Oh ok. I thought we need photos at landing too. Thanks for clearing the confusion.

Howdy,
So the photographs are not required on landing. However, we received an email just a week after we completed our landing procedure that the photos submitted initially were not as per their specifications(We had submitted it as per their specs and our photographer validated them). They did not describe the problems on their email.

Post receiving their email we inspected our pics and noticed tiny details which could have been problem(Note- This is our assumption). For ex:

• The height of the face from chin to crown of head measured 37 mm(Just 1 mm off).
  • A bit of shoulder was slightly sliced off.

Everything else measured fine and other criteria matched too. We went and retook our pics from professional photographer and sent them. We have not received any response as yet, will track the progress.

Thanks
Appy

1 Like

Great responses. I got that note as well. Wife was cleared. I think retaking solves it. Also remember, they are looking for a photo within past 6 months. Sometimes it takes so long between when the photo was taken and copr that the photo “expires”.

1 Like

This time they approved our pictures and we got our PR cards. Retaking solves it seems. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep. Our application was approved the next day they received our new photos! Got our PR cards.

Also, we had rented a UPS mailbox to receive our PR cards as we don’t have any friends in Canada. We received our cards in the mailbox and got them forwarded to our home address in US!!

YAY! Thanks everyone on this forum for helping with the queries!

Thanks,
Appy

1 Like

how did you click PPR photos from US?

We got our pictures from a local professional studio. We provided the exact specifications for their reference.

Depending on your location you can find the professionals around the area.

Good Luck!

Thanks
Appy

Hello. So I received my PR card but I got email from CIC to resubmit photos for my spouse (we both took the photos from the same studio). I am outside Canada and planning to send the new photos by registered mail to CIC. Is there a better option than that? Also how do I know of CIC received and accepted the new pictures? Thank you.