Sending Passport from US to Ottawa

Hello all

I’d really appreciate if you could share your experiences on sending passport from the US to Ottawa.

1. I talked on the phone with my local Fedex and the lady over there quoted me about US$50 for express shipping (which I think is reasonable), but says she “thinks there’s no charge for the return envelope”, which baffled me to an extent :anguished: Could you share your experience with a carrier for sending passport?

2.I have read the instructions for photos to be sent and it says “the photographer may handwrite information behind one of the photos”. I made a few calls to local photo studios and none of them are willing to write anything behind the photo. Is it possible that I’m misreading the instructions and it’d be okay if I wrote the information on the back of the photo?

Any answer to this or any previous thread you can direct me to would be greatly appreciated.

@siddEE I mailed my passport through UPS. I created the return envelope label through their website(you’ve to create an account), printed it and took it to the UPS store. The store attached the return envelope label to the return envelope and then put the passport, the form, and the return envelope inside the actual envelope that is to be mailed to Ottawa. The option to pay for the return mail got activated in their website only when it was dispatched my IRCC. You just pay for it through their website.

If it’s only text (name, DOB, date) that you’ve to write behind the photo, you can do it. If there is a need for the photographer’s seal or signature, they’ve to do it.

1 Like

Thank you very much!! This is very helpful.

You can use fedex. But just like UPS you need to create fedex account, create a shipment online and also create a return shipment. Then print labels in the end. They have my passport since Feb 3rd. Haven’t shipped it back yet.

Thank you, just mailed it through Fedex. Gave a validity date until Mar 14th for the return label, hopefully that’ll be enough.

Hey Guys,

We have been asked to send our Passports through VFS Global in India, but we are currently in the US. I visited VFS’s website and it shows that there are no options for sending passports from US. Has anyone else encountered this?

Hi guys,

I sent my passport and other documents via Fedex couple of days back. However, I just noticed that I realized I missed writing name and DOB back of the photograph.

Shall I send set of new photographs (with this detail) right away or wait till I get email about request for new photographs?

don’t want to delay the process due to certain constraints that I need to travel for my first landing in next 1 months time.

Thanks,

How much time do the IRCC usually take before returning the passport?

Please help with the following:

We have been asked to send our Passports through VFS Global in India, but we are currently in the US. I visited VFS’s website and it shows that there are no options for sending passports from US. Has anyone else encountered this?