Should I apply for SIN and bank account after soft landing?

Planning to do a soft landing at Sarnia coming weekend (instead of Windsor). Plan to move next year or maybe the year after.

  1. Should I apply for SIN number or will it be of no use for me until I permanently move here?
  2. Also, is there a bank that allows opening an account without an address proof?

I want to get started on my credit history ASAP.


1 Like

Apply SIN and then bank account if you can, upon soft landing. I would recommended applying for a credit card as well since it gets your credit history started. You can give the address of friend/relative (same as you did for PR card and get the docs mailed to you).

Of course this is optional but recommended.

1 Like