Single applicant with Pregnant Spouse - EE file on hold till delivery?

I’m 29 & will turn 30 in October 2018. I’m married and my wife is pregnant in her 3rd month. And I’ve 5+ years work experience as Sr. SQA Engineer in USA working for Indian IT consulting company deployed at client location. Currently in India on long break and gathering documents for Canadian PR under EE.

Confusion part :
Irrespective of how I apply (Single or Family), I need to submit e-medical reports for both me and my wife. But as my wife is pregnant, I believe my EE file will be kept on hold because the balance medical reports of my wife will be completed only after her delivery i.e ~beginning of 2019.

Adding my wife to my application is reducing the score. Any suggestions on how to proceed is highly appreciable in case ;

1. Start EE as SINGLE (475 CRS) and in case, if I get ITA before I turn 30 - be on hold, till my wife completes her medical reports after delivery and later sponsor her after I reach Canada once my PR is approved ?
  2. Start EE as FAMILY (458 CRS) and in case, if I get ITA before I turn 30 - be on hold, till my wife completes her medical reports after delivery ?
  3. Start EE as SINGLE (470 CRS) ~beginning 2019 after my wife delivery, which means -5 points as I’ll be 30 and later sponsor her after I reach Canada once my PR is approved ?
  4. Start EE as FAMILY (453 CRS) ~beginning 2019 after my wife delivery, which means -5 points as I’ll be 30 ?
1 Like

My 2 cents: The longer you wait the higher the chances immigration will be difficult; it may not but that’s the way I would think about it. If I were in your place I would start the application as single and finish the whole PR process. Thereafter you can sponsor your wife and kid and they can get the PR later (note in most circumstances you need to show physical presence or intention to settle there while applying PR for family members + sufficient funds and/or job to support them). After you confirm your own PR you have 3 years to move/decide to move to Canada and in the meantime apply PR for wife and kid.

That’s how I would do it but it’s your call. Even with your (2 or 3 member) family score it doesn’t look it’s going too low.

Thanks @avj for the response.

To be on the safe side, I will try to start the process now as single/family and if invited, I will have my PR process on hold till Jan-2019, because the chest/x-ray medical reports of my wife will be obtained only after her delivery.

Once again , thanks @avj for your opinion.