Soft landing in 2021(expired COPR)

Hello all,

Me and my wife were approved for PPR back in 2019 and our COPRs expired in Sept 2020. We were planning to travel in September 2020 but COVID happened and we couldn’t.

We’ve started thinking of completing a soft landing after reading a few posts about successful soft landings on the forum.

But, since we have an expired COPR, we also read about the 7 pointer questions that IRCC has been asking before they decide to issue an extension to the COPRs. If I read them correctly, I don’t think they have an option where we can reasonably imply that we’re aiming for a soft landing and NOT move permanently.

I was wondering there are folks here in the community who:

• Have an expired COPR
  • Are thinking or have contacted IRCC to get the new COPR
  • Are going to soft land

How did you all answer the questions from IRCC?

I don’t believe there’s anything called ‘soft’ or ‘hard’ landing. There’s only one “landing”. In the forum, we tend to use these terminologies because we all understand the meaning. However, for Canadian border officials or IRCC, they will assume that you want to move permanently.

Hi @ameha, We are in the same boat with an expired COPR and figuring out a response to IRCC. Did you end up successfully making a “soft landing” or have plans to do so soon?

Hi @basky

We are waiting to receive the email from them to get our documents (COPR) renewed.

We are still planning to do a soft landing once we get some communication on how to renew our documents from IRCC.

Have you received the email already? When did you COPR expire?

Our COPR expired in August 2020. We have responded to the initial email with the 7 questions and waiting for further guidance. Which country would you be travelling from?

Thanks @basky

My COPR expired in September 2020. I haven’t received the email yet. Any suggestions on what to do to get the email? Did you do anything specific to get that email?

I dropped them a webform earlier in 2020 to let them know I won’t be traveling because on COVID. After that, there has been no communication.